Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
If you are pretty new to vaping it could just be your taste buds. It has amazed me how much my sense of smell and taste has improved over the past two years. Remember to drink plenty of water along the way as well. If your just getting starting...tuck back anything you don't care for now and try it again in a couple of months...you might be surprised at the difference.

jwhite83

Jan 4, 2013
United States
I found that many of my EC juices had that mapley sweet flavor to them. I put them aside to give them some time... a couple of them were way too much for me. PG in and of itself has a faint sweetness to it, and the flavors unsteeped may just need some time to blend.

I thought that VG had sweetness to it not PG.

gthompson: Yes, I am looking for cigarette taste. I have found a couple of "Ashtray" flavors. I ordered "Ashtray" from Parkes vapor with a PG/VG of 90/10.

I am concerned I did the wrong thing because of the PG/VG ratio. I thought that VG was the sweeter ingredient

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I thought that VG had sweetness to it not PG.

gthompson: Yes, I am looking for cigarette taste. I have found a couple of "Ashtray" flavors. I ordered "Ashtray" from Parkes vapor with a PG/VG of 90/10.

I am concerned I did the wrong thing because of the PG/VG ratio. I thought that VG was the sweeter ingredient

I don't know which is sweeter to taste, but both are from what I've read.

"Propylene glycol, also called 1,2-propanediol or propane-1,2-diol, is an organic compound (a diol or double alcohol) with formula C3H8O2 or HO-CH2-CHOH-CH3. It is a colorless, nearly odorless, clear, viscous liquid with a faintly sweet taste hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform."

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
When vaping pure glycerin (vg) from Wal-Mart, two things surprised me about it.. 1, how really sweet it tastes putting a drop on my tounge, and 2, how little of that sweetness transfers when vaping. Vaping it, it's almost like breathing air until I exhale a HUGE cloud. The hint of sweetness is extremely faint, so I doubt it has much effect on a juice flavor.

Tastebuds are weird and can't be trusted for a bit after you quit smoking. I don't remember getting hardly any sweetness from Dark Horse. More like grassy, and very good.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread