The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is up wth chocolate vapes?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by mariahpoo, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mariahpoo

mariahpoo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Oroville
    I have NEVER had a chocolate vape that was even close to decent. They all taste like that fake chocolate. Or how the old scratch and sniff stickers that were chocolate scented smelled. Freakin gross. I just remembered one that was okay which was chocolate covered almonds by JV. But other then that... highly recommended chocolate chip cookies dough from VV was gross. I could not put my finger on what it was... until I get a straight up chocolate vape. Talk about an AH HA moment. It was the chocolate. It tasted so bad and so UNLIKE chocolate that is why I couldn't place the flavor profile I did not like in the VV juice.

So is there any chocolate vapes that truly taste like chocolate?

2. FloydianSlip

FloydianSlip Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    Well I do like Shamrock by Halo which hits me like a mouth full of chocolate "thin mint" cookies.

Johnson Creeks Chocolate Mint was ok too but I like the Shamrock better.

Have not tried any straight chocolate vape as of yet.

Disclaimer---My taste buds are mine and mine alone and my opinion is purely subjective.

Keep on vapin' :vapor:

3. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    The only chocolate I've found that I liked was DeejStuff's Peanut Butter Cup ... dead on IMO.
    Everything else just taste's "burnt", must be the sweetner or something:confused:

4. samuraijill

samuraijill Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Oregon High Desert
    I have 3 different chocolate vapes from Ahlusion, and while I don't much care for 2 of them generally, these are easily the best chocolate flavors I've had from anywhere. Chocolate Coconut Almond I really love.
    I have also heard that Halo Belgian Cocoa is one of the only good chocolates out there, but I haven't tried it yet.
    I find chocolate vapes need some air and steep time as well.

5. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Love Alice In Vapeland's Black&White cookie. Halo's Belgian is also fantastic.

6. Mike Sheda

Mike Sheda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Halo BC is the only one that doesn't taste burnt to me. It just tastes like dry cocoa. Cut it with MBV Whipped cream and it's good.
    I got some Thin Mint from Vapin in the Cape is showing promise, I'll let you know in a week or so :)

7. stevegmu

To me, Belgian tastes like a fine, velvety chocolate mousse. Just screwed on a clearo-tank filled a couple months ago and it is better than I remembered. Of course it has been open-air steeping for 2 months. Adding it to today's daily rotation.

8. mariahpoo

Nov 7, 2011
    Oroville
    Okay I forgot I did try this one too. There was something odd about B&W cookie I did not like... but it was not the chocolate. That was pretty good. I liked that vape at first. But the more I vaped it... the more it just seemed the wrong type of vape for me.

9. mariahpoo

Nov 7, 2011
    Oroville
    BTW I did let my chocolate vapes steep well. Most of them stayed gross. I guess chocolate is one of those SUPER hard flavor profiles.

10. samuraijill

samuraijill Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Oregon High Desert
    I agree I've gotten chocolates from vendors I really loved and believed in that were nothing but chemical hot messes, blech.

11. stevegmu

B&W isn't as sweet as many would expect. I found the vanilla base part to be a little odd at first so let it sit for about 6 weeks. It really came together well then. I let it rest with the other steepers- like Lemon Loves Cake.

12. 7sixtwo

7sixtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    You might want to try Chocolate Carousel from nicoticket. It's got some excellent, (and recent), reviews.

ETA: I've got some on the way with peppermint added to it. Clark made me a York Peppermint Patty juice, (I specifically requested that flavor when I ordered). :D I'll let ya know what I think of it once it arrives.

13. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Many say that Fancee Juice makes the best chocolate juice outside of Halo's Belgian Cocoa. It's available plain, or combined with hazelnut and named Messetracks.

Also, many love Heather Heavenly Vapes Tuscon Cocoa as well.

I enjoy Halo's Shamrock more than their Belgian Cocoa, but I didn't have the long air-steep like stevegmu had :)

14. mariahpoo

Nov 7, 2011
    Oroville
    Ah yes... the messetracks :) I had that one on my list of "vapes to try". I am rebuilding that list. Thanks for the reminder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.