Status
Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I love coffee IRL, but although I've tried maybe 6 different ones, none of them taste like coffee to me. A few have a "sort-of coffee aftertaste". Maybe I was expecting too much :)

I tried that coconut that dabatman mentioned above, never could like it. Never found a Totally Wicked juice I liked, either, although "Green Cow" was...interesting. I usually put the ones I don't like away for a month or so and try again, but I've never suddenly found I liked one of them.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I finally pitched it about a week ago, but had one from a vendor who shall remain nameless because they sell M401 kits at inflated prices and if you ask me, there are dozens of fake reviews on their site. Stupid n00b mistake :D

I'd relegated it to Last Option Before Analogs status but now that I'm doing DIY I saw no reason to keep it.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
My tobacco flavors were also exiled for a long time, they just didn't taste like a smoke.
But after many months, I've rediscovered tobaccos as nice dry, neutral, easy to vape flavors,
they still don't taste like a cig, but I no longer care, they're just....ummm, different, interesting.

My #1 exile of all time was Ginger, thankfully bought a small bottle.....

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
My most exiled juice...I forgot about this one. I completely ignored the veteran's advice to start very small when I started DIY. I mixed up 50 mls of butterscotch spearmint. Used 20% spearmint. :facepalm: What was I thinking???!?!?:(

Anyway, I tasted spearmint for a week! No exaggeration! I poured it out in a corner by the fence. I can still smell spearmint when I walk over there! That has been over a month ago.:blink:

Lesson learned...listen to the veterans!!:blush:

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I just got almost half a shipment of exiled juice. *whine sniffle cry tears* I'm hoping it will get better in time. But so far I feel like, "Time to try a different vendor and go crazy at sweet-vapes" All the sweet vapes I got, just about every single one where yummy for me.

The eww flavors I thought where going to be great "Bubblegum" not very bubblegumish.... "Passionfruit" just yuck.... "Chocolate Hazelnut" disappointing... Also did a half and half of Dark Chocolate and Mint Chocolate... I think I've been spoiled by Mr.E's Manic Mint Choc cause that stuff i got just tasted like spearmint. I had such high hopes for this vendor! I will say their fruity flavors are excellent normally but this last batch... yuck.

An RY4 from a local brick-n-mortar, and one called 'Tidewater' from the same place. Luckily, they were only $0.50/mL for a 6mL bottle, each, so no real loss there. Both are the nastiest vapes I'm wrapped my lips around. The 'Tidewater' was returned to the sewer from whence it came, and the RY4 was mingled with some PS 'Manhattan', as an experiment in saving 3 bucks. It actually shaped-up nicely and is about half-gone.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
An RY4 from a local brick-n-mortar, and one called 'Tidewater' from the same place. Luckily, they were only $0.50/mL for a 6mL bottle, each, so no real loss there. Both are the nastiest vapes I'm wrapped my lips around. The 'Tidewater' was returned to the sewer from whence it came, and the RY4 was mingled with some PS 'Manhattan', as an experiment in saving 3 bucks. It actually shaped-up nicely and is about half-gone.

San Bernadino?!?! You Should go to E-Cig City in Laguna Beach, best Brick and Mortar in the area for sure. You will find anything and everything you will ever need there and you can try the juice for yourself before you buy it :D

Amazing though how some nasty juices will actually blend pretty darned decent with other ones to make a new and fairly pleasant taste :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
LOL OMG I am sorry Bro, but you definitely won't be, Jasons shop is a freakin vaping Nirvana Palace. Well over 200 flavors of Juice plus A load of Mods to choose from as well.

I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us So Cal Vapors do. I drive 68 miles from my house up that way at a minimum of twice a month because it is just that worth it.

Here is the link to his Thread here on ECF:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/174797-new-southern-ca-store.html

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Last edited:
It's a bit of a drive, admittedly, and traffic wasn't the best, today; but, that's fine...we took the kids with us and made it into a wander of sorts--something that we do from time to time--out and about with no real purpose in mind other than to go wherever and do whatever strikes out fancy. Very unstructured of us, but more enjoyable than having a schedule to keep or drop-dead goal to accomplish.

Anyway, we got there, and the following are my first, and probably very superficial impressions of the establishment.

The eCig City shop is immaculate and well-lit, with adequate space for customers to mingle, sit and try juices, or just "be there". Jason's daughter is friendly and quite helpful. At the end of my visit, a gentleman came in, greeted me in a friendly fashion, shook my hand, and headed into the office space. I presumed him to be Jason, but didn't trouble to ask. All in all, I felt like a valued customer.

Their selection of kits is very good, and they seem to have a decent assortment of adapters and drip tips (anodized aluminium, various plastic and stainless varieties, along with mings), as well as cartos, CE2s and other tanks. I didn't see as many different heavy-hitting box or tube mods there as I had hoped (his top-shelf emphasis appears to be on the 1000mAh and under products at this time), but there *were* some notables on his lower shelves.

Most of the atties and cartos that I saw are 510 threaded--I was hoping to pick-up a couple more HR BE112s for my 6 V Prodigy, but settled for a couple of HR 510s ($5.00 ea), and 5 CE2s ($2.88 ea), instead. They have a reasonable selection of batteries and chargers, but I don't recall that they had anything that I'd use in my mod. Their CE2's tested out at 3.0 Ohms across the board (I just noticed that one of the CE2s has an axial crack in the polystyrene tube, radiating about a half-inch up from the battery connector, but it looks like a bit of lexan or silicone adhesive will keep it from leaking.), and the two HR 510 atties tested out at 4.6 and 4.5 Ohms, whereas my Joye HR 510 atties all top-out at 3.3 Ohms. I'm usually vaping at 6 V pretty sweet with a 3.9 Ohm BE112 atty; so, these may wind-up being decent atties for my fresh off the charger CRC123As, or if I decide to finish up a VV passthrough project that I have in the works. (Warning! Soak those suckers in your favorite oil solvent, and give them a thorough hot water rinse, before putting them into service. They are very heavily coated with a clear liquid which has the feel and aroma of light machining oil.)

They have a very wide selection of single-flavored, or simple blend, juices from 2 or 3 vendors, in 1.8% and 2.4% nic strength. Everything is 30/70 PG/VG, which I really don't care for. They do allow you to try out nic juice flavors, and are very accommodating in that respect. I *did* pick up a couple of bottles of 2.4% juice at the 30/70 ratio; but, after getting back home and trying them out on fresh batteries, they strike me as being a little light on TH and flavor for me. I only just realized that his try-it batteries are 3.7 V, while I vape at 6 V. I'll probably mix them with some 90/10, later on, or use them for folks to try in my little vaping advocacy performances.

Their pricing is probably in line with what you'd expect to find in a beach city. He's on the low-end of atty and carto retail pricing, but is a bit more on kits than you'll find online. If I'm in the area, I'll definitely drop-in on them again, since I'd love the chance to buttonhole Jason for a bit of a chat sometime...maybe ask him to stock some BE112 atties and 70/30 juice at higher than 3%.

Overall, my impressions are very good about the shop. It doesn't have the smoke shop or head shop feel to it in the least--quite the opposite, in fact. His clientele appears to be in-line with the "Orange County corporate and beach set". Frankly, I enjoyed being in the shop.

eCig City is a shop that I'll keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread