• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is your favorite Bible Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your favorite Bible Story? Why?

Obviously, the greatest story ever told is the story of Jesus, however there may be other stories for one reason or another hits home with you.

The Story of Moses which starts in Exodus is one of my favorites. All the people have witnessed God's works and how God got them all out of Egypt, but yet, as the story goes on, many start complaining about all things. This reminds me alot of many (not all) christians. Having witnessed God's miracles to themselves and others, at times, they complain. When I get into that "Complaining" Mode, I remind myself of this story.

Then there is the story of Joesph. This is another GREAT story. It amazes me how no matter how much in a rut Joesph found himself in, God always came through, pulled him out of it, and promoted him all the way up to being Pharoh's right hand man, second in command of all Egypt. Even after what his brothers did to him, he still forgave them and shared his prosperity with his family. This is proof in the pudding that God will always pull you out of whatever mess your in. All you have to do is have faith, pray and declare that whatever storm you're in the middle of that God will make a way for you. He will pull you out and take you even to a higher level. He will multiply whatever the enemy has taken away from you. Amen!!

But I will have to say that my favorite is this one from the book of John:

John 5 (New International Version)

John 5

The Healing at the Pool

1Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews. 2Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda[a] and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. 3Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.[b] 5One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"
7"Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me."
8Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." 9At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.
The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, 10and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat."
11But he replied, "The man who made me well said to me, 'Pick up your mat and walk.' "

------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I really love this story. This leper by the pool was invalid for 38 years. I can only imagine how all the others there by the pool, once the angel came down and stirred it up, would step all over him to be the first one in to get instantly healed. He was probably at the point where he was close to giving up. Unable to get up on his own to be the first into the pool, everyone fighting and stepping all over him. He probably thought that he would never get healed. Then, at the lowest moment of his life, when he least expected it, Jesus came and said "Pick up your mat and walk" and he was instantly healed, rolled up his mat and walked.

This story hits home. Jesus will come and make you "get up and walk". He will pull you out of whatever rut you're in. He healed the leper on the sabbath meaning, he can do it at anytime. Just like the leper waited 38 years for the healing, you have to have faith that Jesus will come to your rescue on his appointed time.

I have experienced this time and time again. Finding myself in ruts and when I was just about to give up all hope, Jesus comes to save the day!! Haleluya!!! Amen father God!!

So whatever rut you're in whether it be your finances, your marriage, your job/career, your family etc., have FAITH that Jesus is on his way, he will come, he will speak the words "Get up, roll your mat and walk".

Delcare it, remember that the word is God!! Speak words of truth. Let the words come out of your mouths, "In the name of Jesus, I will be [insert your own words here], in the name of Jesus, we pray..Amen!!

Max

Last edited:
No problem Paul, just always remember that Jesus calmed a storm simply by telling it to calm.

Bible says that we have that same power! Problem is, alot of us do not know how to tap into it. We need to strengthen our faith and believe in what we speak all in the name of Jesus.

So to you and anyone else who reads this thread, know that we have the power to speak our way out of any and all ruts we find ourselves in.

With all your heart, soul and strength say "In the name of Jesus {insert your own words here} Amen.

Do not allow the enemy to plant seeds of doubt into your heart. That will only slow down the process and eventually, cause you to lose faith. Do not allow the enemy to rob you of your joy. Once you give God the green light to handle your situation, you should not be doubting it, you should not be second guessing trying to figure out if he is going to answer your prayer or not.

Whatever your in, it is only for a season.

Declare it by faith and EXPECT God to come through.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
YouTube - Sermon on the mount

Matt: 5:3-12
My image for this scene is different from the video, in that, the image in my head has Jesus surrounded by all the little ones and the hills as far as on can see filled with people, and animals, and blankets, and baskets.

And, I really liked this video "Letter From Our Father"
YouTube - God's Personal Letter To You

wanderlust

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
North Carolina, USA
They're all good but one of my favorites from childhood would have to be David and Goliath. Here we have this giant, bold and well armed, cursing God and challenging the Israelites to send out a warrior for personal combat. Little David comes along bringing food to his brothers and hears the challenge. What does he do? He gets riled up! This infadel has cursed the Living God. He is no competition to the God of Creation. At David's approach Goliath, full of himself, says What are you doing, sending a little dog to fight me? He didn't realize that his fight was against God. And we all know how it ended of course - God always wins. Sometimes we fight Goliaths and it's reassuring to now that it's really God's fight that he has allowed us to take part in. What a great honor to be part of God's army!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread