what i've learned so far about refilling carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
if you are a topoff/refilling-cart guy try to use these guidelines for the best vaping experience:
1 -whatever is your vaping device, cart or atomiser you use- DO the straw mod (search for 'straw mod' on the forum), it really help the filler to soak as much liquid as possible (it triples the liquid amount you can drip into the filler, result: it triples the amount of puffs you can have with a fully refilled cart).
2 -whatever is your vaping device, cart or atomizer you use- DO CHECK how much filler material is inside your cart.
This will increase or decrease astoundingly the performace of your e-cig,
i mean throat hit, vapor amount, flavour taste.
It's VERY IMPORTANT that the poly-filler inside your cart is as loose as possible before it leaks of course.
Some carts i got (empty 801 carts) were pretty right, some others (prefilled janty carts) were way too much packed with the polyfill.
the carts you buy (with or without liquid) can be very different in regard of filler amount inside them.
another example, most of the 510 empty carts i got they are very much filled with too much polyfill material, this will not let the liquid to flow into the atomizer properly and you'll have poor and not consistent vapor/hits, also the filler will retain most of the liquid and you have to top off every few puffs.
My advice is: take the poly out of the cart, cut the poly in half on the long-side, keep just one half, stretch it a little so it get less compact and more loose,
place it back inside the cart.

Do experiment a little with the filler amount to place in the cart, if it's too compact you'll have less vapor, less puffs before topping off, some times burnt taste and liquid getting trapped in the middle-bottom of the filler.
If it's too loose liquid will tend to leak on the mouthpiece.
Just find the right compromise!

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Thank you so much! :cool:

I was beginning to think I was going crazy with these Janty carts. I ordered other carts from another vendor and those vaped great with their filler. When I went to inspect to find out why, I began to notice that it felt as if the Janty carts had way more filler in them than the other brand. It made me begin to question whether it was due to the fact that I like the flat mouthpiece carts versus the round ones too but I ordered one pack of round carts with 2 packs of flat-ended carts from the other vendor and I got the same results. The vaping was much easier via the other vendor's carts than the Janty ones. I actually did cut some of the filler but it was still difficult to draw through the cart until I realized I needed to pull the Janty filler out completely, pull it apart especially the part that goes into the bottom of the cart. I actually started pulling the filler out of the Janty carts then putting it back upside down from the way it was in there to begin with because the bottom was entirely too dense. It was full of e-liquid, don't get me wrong but it was so dense I couldn't get a decent drag.

I've only been vaping since July 7th so I am still learning. I'll get it right sooner or later.

Thanks for verifying what I was beginning to think about the Janty cart filling.

(BTW, I'm legally blind w/ only a small amt of residual vision, which varies depending on the day and how my lupus is acting up on any given day so it's not always easy for me to physically see the difference versus feeling the difference)

Again, thanks for the heads up on the carts filling possibly being too much in specific carts... It really helps. I know this will be a great thing to know once my USB passthrough comes in. To be honest, I should have waited because $$$'s tight around here but I am getting so tired of having to swap out batteries every few hours or so because my batteries are dying. I've actually had to have my original batteries from Janty and the atomizer replaced. I still have to mail back the duds but the mail carrier didn't come through here today or yesterday as I didn't have any mail and I'm the only person in the subdivision with a postal mailbox b/c of my vision difficulties. Everyone else goes to the post office but it's a 2-mile round trip walk for me and I can't walk that far anymore.

BTW, the new batteries are holding up better. The USB charger I got from them seems like a dud too. I'm going to mail it back to them too asking for them to exchange it for another that works. The wall charger works well but I'm having to switch back and forth every few hours or so when I am vaping. If I sit at the computer, I tend to vape more than when I'm up and moving around doing chores, cooking, or otherwise taking care of household duties. As I tell my girls, I'm blind not dead and the only things other parents can do that I can't are drive a car and read a printed book. I can read audio books. It used to put me to sleep but over time my brain is finally learning to comprehend the audio. I still miss curling up next to my fireplace hearth with floor pillows, a glass of nice chardonnay, and when I can get one... a fine cigar with a book that can hold my attention. I know it's not very lady-like to smoke cigars but I do love a good cigar every now and again. It's a shame it's illegal to order Cubans. My last supplier lost his connection to getting Cubans ever so often so it's been a few years since I had one last. If the Cubans can't do anything else, they can most certainly make a fine cigar... Hmmmm... There's just nothing in the world better than sitting at a roaring fireplace with fine wine, great book, and Cuban cigar. Life doesn't get any better than that. It was rare I'd get those kinds of evenings but I enjoyed them as often as I could back when I could still read regular then large print. Oh well, times change and I adapt. I've adapted to the e-cigs. I just hope the US government doesn't ban them here. That'll really piss me off. DH is finally so happy that I'm not smoking cigarettes "analog" ones in the house he could burst.

I'm actually beginning to smell and taste things better now than I have in years. Oh yeah, red wine goes very well with e-cigs. I filled a cart or two with Virginia flue cured tobacco not too long ago when DH and I opened a bottle of red wine from the Biltmore Estate Winery. It was actually great together.

BTW, do you know if one can fill the e-cigarettes with the cigar e-liquid? :confused:

I don't want to have to buy an e-cigar kit just to enjoy e-cigar liquid. I can't really afford it right now. DH can't work because of his health so all the bills are coming out of my disability income and what little I earn from freelance writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread