• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What job field are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
Just wondering what some of our fellow canadian vapers are doing for a living.

and can you vape at work?

Well me... right now I work for a small internet marketing company. We create websites and listing database services for mainly real estate agents and brokerages right now.

I'm the domain and email support so I make sure all the domains and email accounts are setup, kept working and answer any related questions that come in.

Desk job is ok in the sense that I can vape in my office and talk on here during the day. Pay stinks though and there's a lot of patience required.. which i'm kind of short on. As long as it pays the bills for now I guess.

Next!

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
inked...I just graduated from the program and passed my board exams. I had previously spent many years as a burnt out social worker, so it is definitely a change of pace.

I fell into it, and never thought of this as a career option (given that as a social worker I developed a real dislike for people...lol).

You have the option of taking a program between 1-3 years in length, depending on your previous experience.

I opted for a 2 year program. It is very anatomy/pathology/physiology heavy, and the first year is very difficult. The second year is just time heavy. You put in a LOT of hours, but it's not overly intense. My school overprepared me for the government board examinations.

Feel free to ask me any other questions...when all is said and done, it was an amazing decision for me.

IAMJoCanadian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Canada
Currency trader at an online stock brokerage. Surprisingly still able to vape away all day at my desk. Constant clouds of vapor hang over my 3 monitors. My desk is full of vape gear and a few colleagues (and converted vapers) stop by throughout the day to sample my DIY wares. Even given my back office manager his own drip tip so i can bribe him with my various flavours to get my accounts open faster. He doesn't smoke anymore but loves the vape.

Software implementation, training, troubleshooting.

Vaping confined to the bathrooms or my car where available - I don't want to deal with my prissypants co-workers. There are some fellow smokers, and I plan to share with them when I'm ready.

I travel a lot and often work in schools so stealth will become my middle name.

Cheers to all the retirees, I hope to do that some day!

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread