What Kind of Dry hit is this ? Smok Stick AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Dec 18, 2017
Hi im pretty new to the vaping.its been 3 weeks since i bough a smok Stick AIO.
I use 90vg 10pg. 12mg nic e liquids for my 0.23 ohm coils.Sometimes(I mean generally) the vape comes from the device is making me cough and hurting my throat a lot.When i clean my device , fill it up and wait for an half hour it tastes perfect.Perfect throat hit and taste and stuff u know.But at my second usage vape is like a dry hit.It hurts and makes me cough hard.I noticed that my device genenarlly works fine when its battery is low.
I started to pray for normal vape hits whenever i press the button.
It does the same thing on lower vg(Tried 75vg 25pg) and lower nicotine(tried 9,6,0).
So anyone has any ideas why the hell my device is trying to choke me ?

Reactions: Opinionated

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Sounds like your device is not wicking juice to the coil fast enough for your style of vaping. A much higher PG ratio (50/50 or higher) might help or the device just might not be suitable for your needs. You could also try adding a tad bit of water to the juice as it would thin it and facilitate wicking.

Circus

Dec 18, 2017
Sounds like your device is not wicking juice to the coil fast enough for your style of vaping. A much higher PG ratio (50/50 or higher) might help or the device just might not be suitable for your needs. You could also try adding a tad bit of water to the juice as it would thin it and facilitate wicking.
So i got some distilled water now.
What percentage should i put into a 90vg 10pg 60ml juice ?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You don't need much distilled water to thin a vape. Trying a few drops in your tank is a good start, and if you continue getting dry hits, add a little more. It can be tough keeping up with wicking with very high VG. I use 90%VG and 10% water, as I'm PG sensitive, and can get a good vape from that.

I also tend to keep drawing for a few seconds more after I stop hitting the fire button (seems to help draw liquid into the coil). I was able to vape aspire nautilus coils (which are tiny and high resistance) using that method and avoiding dry hits.

Some new coils do well when you poke a couple holes with a needle into the cotton, to facilitate wicking, you may want to try that as well.

Best of luck,

Anna

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Thanks for all of the replies.I appreciate sincerely.I have added 0,85 ml dw to my 8,5 ml honey milk juice.Shaked it for a min and filled my tank with a clean new coil.I'm waiting for the coil right now.I'll reply about its taste after one hour.
The taste may be a tad bit diluted but it should wick quite a bit better!

Circus

Dec 18, 2017
Hey, i noticed that stick aio has dual coils.12mg nicotine is giving a pretty rough throat hit on 0.23 ohm dual coils.So if anyone has my problem before buying some high nic juice double its amount.For ex if you want 12mg nicotine then go for a 6mg. Today I bought a 6mg(90vg 10pg) juice its a lil bit soft but i think its okay.I can live with it.
Thanks for helping me out tho.
I really aprreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread