What kind of fabric use the disposable cart/atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
With you, I am not sure what it is made of. I have the same model (from Bloog, though). I took the filling out last night and it breaks apart pretty easily, but had to be very careful not to pull the atty out. Took a total of about 30 minutes. I then used the paper towel, and it worked great. I can pack the towel in so it does not get wrapped around the connector wire, so I can pull the batting out very easily now. Gonna try "tea bagging" in the next day or two. Funny, I still can't help but chuckle at the "tea bag" thing. Guess I am still immature. I laugh at my kids farts and mine too, but when my Wife does it, i get grossed out. Not fair to her....

Sorry if I just grossed anyone out!

John

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
With you, I am not sure what it is made of. I have the same model (from Bloog, though). I took the filling out last night and it breaks apart pretty easily, but had to be very careful not to pull the atty out. Took a total of about 30 minutes. I then used the paper towel, and it worked great. I can pack the towel in so it does not get wrapped around the connector wire, so I can pull the batting out very easily now. Gonna try "tea bagging" in the next day or two. Funny, I still can't help but chuckle at the "tea bag" thing. Guess I am still immature. I laugh at my kids farts and mine too, but when my Wife does it, i get grossed out. Not fair to her....

Sorry if I just grossed anyone out!

John

John,

I have been doing some research and I found that it can be a paper filter used in chemical labs. There are a lot of different paper filters, but there are some that can resist up to 130 centigrades degrees. I am waiting for some samples.

Happy farting :D

NightElf

May 26, 2009
I read this post about a week ago and was already wondering about the possiblility. What about Oil Lamp Wicks ??? The good old fashioned non-waxed cotton type. So I went and bought a package of the round kind that is used in oil lamps. I have an M401 and it fit down into the cartridge (of the cartridge) perfectly, I snipped the length -- gassed it up with my fav e-liquid and viola. So far, so good. Only been puffin away for about a an hour, so I couldn't tell you about any long term effects. I dont' seem to *notice* any difference in the taste or the amount of vapor. I tried the brown coffee filter (since I have an aversion to the *bleached* white ones) and I DID notice a cardboardy flavor. I dont' notice a flavor difference with the candle wick though.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I read this post about a week ago and was already wondering about the possiblility. What about Oil Lamp Wicks ??? The good old fashioned non-waxed cotton type. So I went and bought a package of the round kind that is used in oil lamps. I have an M401 and it fit down into the cartridge (of the cartridge) perfectly, I snipped the length -- gassed it up with my fav e-liquid and viola. So far, so good. Only been puffin away for about a an hour, so I couldn't tell you about any long term effects. I dont' seem to *notice* any difference in the taste or the amount of vapor. I tried the brown coffee filter (since I have an aversion to the *bleached* white ones) and I DID notice a cardboardy flavor. I dont' notice a flavor difference with the candle wick though.
Don't know if it is true or not but have read here somewhere that cotton is a big no,no,,,inhaling heated cotton can cause particles to cling to your lungs and could cause lung infection and possibly death.

q258

Apr 24, 2009
Maybe someone can help me.

I would like to know what is the fabric that is used in the disposable cart/atty. For reference I have a e-cig with disposable cart/atty from Smoke51.

Thank you in advance for any idea!

Not sure what the stock fabric is but has anyone tried Rayon? This is the stuff that holds lighter fluid in a zippo and for a more palatable reference is used in a lot of surgical applications. Don' t use carts personally so I've not tried but with a zippo, the wick is woven around a copper wire that transfers heat into the Rayon to help vaporize the fluid and keep the wick burning...

Last edited:

BeautifulandCruel

Jul 13, 2009
I also use an oil lamp wick in my cartridge. I cut mine so it's shorter than the original cartridge filler was so mine never touches the atomizer. I don't know about the danger of cotton, though I truly believe it's less than the danger of breathing in melted plastic. My wicks have never even touched the atomizer and they stay moist so they've never shown any signs of burning at all.

Also, I've never gotten any of the headaches, dizziness, funky tastes that other people have complained of. Also, my atomizer hasn't gotten any junk on it at all, it's still shiny inside (though that may be because I don't use mine all day).

Just my experience.

I also use an oil lamp wick in my cartridge. I cut mine so it's shorter than the original cartridge filler was so mine never touches the atomizer. I don't know about the danger of cotton, though I truly believe it's less than the danger of breathing in melted plastic. My wicks have never even touched the atomizer and they stay moist so they've never shown any signs of burning at all.

Also, I've never gotten any of the headaches, dizziness, funky tastes that other people have complained of. Also, my atomizer hasn't gotten any junk on it at all, it's still shiny inside (though that may be because I don't use mine all day).

Just my experience.

Pure air is a wonderful thing ;)

Seriously, though, I wonder how the juice can get to the coil if you have no contact; perhaps you are, in effect, dripping ...

As the OP, I am interested not in general cart fillers - there ae lots of threads about that, but what material is used in the DISPOSABLE CART/ATTYS (combined cart/atty); in which the heater coil is wrapped in a fabric of some kind.

Any ideas? Or anyone know?

it chars a bit finally, but is obviously pretty heat resistant as it envelopes the heater coil.

T

trashling

I have made some fillers from a Shamwow .. It's 100% nylon .. that is what I read on the web .. Also, it absorbs a LOT of liquid .. I filled my Janty Stich at about 1pm .. went to my son's birthday party .. Vaped a lot showing them I quit smoking .. Had to add some juice around 8 pm .. That pretty good I think ..

Last edited by a moderator:

bgdaddy

Aug 12, 2009
Before I read your post I thought I was a genius. I tried the ShamWow idea too, talk about wicking properties! . I'm impressed so far: It vapes well, hasn't burned and doesn't waste juice. It is working great in my 501 ;)

This is my favorite material so far. I have tried all the common ones, poly-fill, various teabags, I even tried cleaning and re-using the material used in the disposable two piece atomizer/cart setups mine was from 'Greensmoke' (this is my second favorite material seems to be a better quality than the average material). If I'm not mistaken the ShamWow is made from rayon though, not poly.

How is it going with your sham-tastic orange cart material ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread