What kind of Li-xx are used in ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
I don't like the idea of stacking batteries period. If one battery goes, it can take the other with it. If I were to stack, I would be sure to rotate the batts out and regularly check them with a multimeter. Don't mean to go off topic but people just seem to stack batts all the time. Maybe there is no cause for concern, I don't know.

To the OP, Yeah, use the IMR 18650. They use a boost circuit to get to 6v. It is what Provape recommends. :)

Last edited:

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
Hey Madjack! I had read that if you stack batts and one "vents" it can cause the other one to go as well. Also, when you stack batts, I read that you should alternate them in series every week, since the batt closest to the atty will get drained at a higher rate than the other. Like I said, this is second hand info I picked up on the internet - not sure if it is correct though. Please let me know if it is incorrect. Thanks.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
The Provari has a boost circuit that "pulls" power off of the battery.
That's how it "boosts" to 6v.

I was just trying to understand a little bit about a ProVari before rushing out to order one,due to prior not so good experinces,no-offence to Provari.They are still many poorly made e-cigs.
Do you use a ProVari,how do you like it?Do some flavors prefer a lower voltage and some a higher voltage or is different for each individual?
I use a Ego 510 and it has worked the best so far,but I want a warmer vapor.
If I do order a Provari,I would never use 2-cells in it.I wouldn't chance watching smoke rolling out of it electronics or voiding the warannty.

I'll have to take a look at the Provari website and read through it's forum.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
I was just trying to understand a little bit about a ProVari before rushing out to order one,due to prior not so good experinces,no-offence to Provari.They are still many poorly made e-cigs.
Do you use a ProVari,how do you like it?Do some flavors prefer a lower voltage and some a higher voltage or is different for each individual?
I use a Ego 510 and it has worked the best so far,but I want a warmer vapor.
If I do order a Provari,I would never use 2-cells in it.I wouldn't chance watching smoke rolling out of it electronics or voiding the warannty.

I'll have to take a look at the Provari website and read through it's forum.

Yes, quite understandable given the high asking price of a provari.
And, yes, I have two and love both, especially with a tank.
Flavors will always be subjective and so will the lower and higher voltage preferences.
Go to youtube and search for Provari reviews. They will be quite helpful to you.
Personally, I'd say go for it. :)
Good luck on your research and hope you find what you're looking for. :)

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
Hey Madjack! I had read that if you stack batts and one "vents" it can cause the other one to go as well. Also, when you stack batts, I read that you should alternate them in series every week, since the batt closest to the atty will get drained at a higher rate than the other. Like I said, this is second hand info I picked up on the internet - not sure if it is correct though. Please let me know if it is incorrect. Thanks.

You can charge up to 8S Li-xx in series,but you need a charger with a balancer,the pack has a balancing plug that conects into the chargers balancer,that way each cell gets fully charged and it's mA gets filled on each cell during the charging process,You can also balance and discharge to a preset voltage for each cell before charging and for storage and then charge,but that's using Li-Po's,Li-Fe's and A123's.I have never seen or used Li-Mh so it may not apply to them.

Most Li-xx cells can be balanced before or during charging but those type of chargers can get very costly.They do make 8C 45C Li-Po,that 8 cells in a series for a charged voltage of 33.3volts with a 45C up to a 90C burst rate for 15-20seconds.

I'm geting way off the topic,but these type of Li-xx cells I use everyday.Again,Li-Mh cells I don't use and have not seen used until now,so what is above may not apply to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread