What kind of new ecig should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan Smith

Oct 12, 2015
Right now I have had the joytech ego one for a while and I love everything about it! But, it's getting old and starting to malfunction, so I know I need a new one. What I love about it is it's small size and power. I would love something with a similar shape, but maybe something with a display that records hit quantity. I definitely do not want one of those long, skinny stick mods and would prefer against a box mod as well. Any suggestions? I would even be open to purchasing a new one of the exact model of I knew that it in particular wasn't deteriorating with age.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
You're very welcome!

Around the same size and performance of your Ego One, there's the Aspire CF variable voltage mod. The 1600 mA version (which would give you a little more vape time than the Ego One) is 17.4mm x 120mm (roughly 3/4 of an inch wide an about 4 3/4 of an inch long) and they run around $30 or so. The voltage output is variable, from 3.3 to 4.8 volts, giving you a little more on the top end.
Matching that to a tank, I will leave that to someone else, because I don't have a lot of experience with the newer tanks that use factory coils (unless you plan on keeping your Ego One tank.

Going to something with a display, the ones that come to mind under $100 are the Evic Supreme, the Vamo series (I think they're up to version 8?), the SVD2, the Smok BEC pro, and a few others. All of those are going to be larger than what you're carrying now, and you'll also need to buy batteries and a charger, so figure on another $40 - $60 on top of the cost of the mod.

Again, not having experience with those, I won't offer advice, I'm sure someone else can throw in their two cents!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Right now I have had the joytech ego one for a while and I love everything about it! But, it's getting old and starting to malfunction, so I know I need a new one. What I love about it is it's small size and power. I would love something with a similar shape, but maybe something with a display that records hit quantity. I definitely do not want one of those long, skinny stick mods and would prefer against a box mod as well. Any suggestions? I would even be open to purchasing a new one of the exact model of I knew that it in particular wasn't deteriorating with age.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome Megan!

You've already answered some of my typical questions about new mods (i.e. form factor :) )

My next question would then be, are you willing to use replaceable batteries, or do you prefer an internal battery? Internal battery mods will eventually fade/die. Especially if it's your primary mod, and you use it a lot.

Replaceable battery mods opens a number of doors for you. You would have to watch how much power you need (i.e. what resistance topper do you typically use?) You would also need to invest in a good charger and good batteries in addition to the mod.

I know a lot of people have raised concerns re: iSticks (50s mostly). I have a 50 and a number of 30s. I don't really consider them "box" mods (especially the 30) with their contoured edges. I really like the 30s - compact and almost "stealthy".

Back to the "replaceable battery" mods - I have a few, but I tend to use those at home since I don't want to be carrying spare batteries. That's my choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread