What kind of resistance do you prefer with the V3 or the V2 in RMS mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
I finally got myself all bundled and confused. :facepalm: Which doesn't take much. I am ready for some orders to replenish my toys and now I am wondering what resistance I should order for my cartos, Protank coils, Vivi Nova heads? Your experience and preference will help tilt the choice. thanks in advance. I am a heavy vaper with a V3 Vamo, the wife uses the Provari. :2cool:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Thanks for the responses, kinda tilting me towards the higher resistance,,,2.4 and up. Since we are running Vamos I assume we can run any type or resistance, I will try the higher resistance and let this thread know my findings.

With the mods you are using, i.e vamo, provari,

Pretty much any resistance you require. Although i tend to use the high resistance on my vamo, and low on my mechs.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
getting a great vape on my v3 w/ protank, got some dripping atomizers and smoktech dual coil carto's on the way.

i wrap my own coils for the protank, 6 wraps of 32 kanthal using 3mm wick getting around 2.5 - 2.7 with either 2-1mm wicks or 1-3mm wick on top. getting great flavor and smoke at 7.5w with a 70/30 juice

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I typically run higher resistance... the lowest I have is some 2.2 ohm coils for my evods, but those are the new style coils and they suck (well, I've tried one so far and it's not wicking well - dry hits.. not to mention that it feels like something is binding in the threads when I screw it into my evod base and the post seems off-center and scraping on the inside of my evod when I screw the base into the tank).

But I stick to 2.5 on my evods and a single coil 2.5 cart in my Smok tank. I don't really have much low resistance stuff. Why? Just cuz I guess. I run at 8w mostly, and a 2.5 ohm coil that draws 10% less current than on a 2 ohm coil, so I figure I'll take the increased battery life.

Im kinda new to vaping and have a twist and a spinner. Been waiting for my vamo v3 in the mail. But I kinda have a question related to this topic. What does vaping higher ohms do? I know for lower ohms, you use lower voltage. And higher ohms, higher voltage. But by finding your sweetspot, is there any difference? Does one produce more vapor and flavor or something?

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
pretty much, if you were using something like an ego which have a set voltage of 3.7 sometimes lower,you would go with low resistance.

so for your vv devices you would want either standard resistance,which is around 2 ohms, or high resistance, 3 ohm.

To put it simply,vaping higher resistance means more heat to your coils,which means more vapour. so i would advise getting some standard and high resistance,and start at the low settings on your vv,then pump up the volts till you find where you wanna be.

deniz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Ca,United States
getting a great vape on my v3 w/ protank, got some dripping atomizers and smoktech dual coil carto's on the way.

i wrap my own coils for the protank, 6 wraps of 32 kanthal using 3mm wick getting around 2.5 - 2.7 with either 2-1mm wicks or 1-3mm wick on top. getting great flavor and smoke at 7.5w with a 70/30 juice

I'm confused. I'm doing 7-8 wraps around 3mm with 33 Kanthal and i get 1.8-2.2 all the time

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Watts iz watts. 8w on a 1.8 is the same as 8w on a 2.8 once it gets there. The difference is that as resistance goes up, it takes longer to heat up the coil.

Now, if you don't have a variable voltage device, the you are stuck with having to change resistance to change power. In those cases, the lower resistance, the more power.

One last thing, at a fixed wattage, higher resistance devices are a little more efficient and draw a little less current than a lower resistance device pumping out the same power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread