What kind of vaper are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
Jul 9, 2015
Hey guys! We want to get to know you more! So, ECF Innokin family, what kind of vaper are you? Are you a mouth to lung-er, direct lung hitter, rebuildable fiend, or do you prefer tanks? Mech user? Maybe you only like regulated? Tell us about you!

For me, I'm a regulated lover. I have a soft spot for tanks but at home I prefer to drip. My favorite mod of all time is the Mellody Box (hoping for the DNA200 version!) and my favorite atty of all time is the Velocity. My favorite Innokin device is the MVP 3.0 PRO and my favorite Innokin tank is the Apex.

So, how about you?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
For me, I'm a regulated lover. I have a soft spot for tanks but at home I prefer to drip. My favorite mod of all time is the Mellody Box (hoping for the DNA200 version!) and my favorite atty of all time is the Velocity. My favorite Innokin device is the MVP 3.0 PRO and my favorite Innokin tank is the Apex.

So, how about you?

I feel like its taken for granted nowadays but regulated vaping was definitely the turning point for me.I had, had limited success with vaping before but a large part of my 3 years cigarette free is due to having a mod that Provides me a consistent vape from the first puff to the last.

I vape at 3ohms and 5 volts to optimize battery life and prefer either carto tanks or RTAs for flavor.

My daily use pv is and probably always will be a Provari but my backup and favorite Innokin device is a Disrupter.

Reactions: gnees

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
2 former life long smokers over 60. Tried vaping in 2009-10 but found it too much trouble. Tried again at the end of 2013 and still with it. 3 MVP 2.0, 2 CF I, 1 Aspire CF Mod, 2 Sig ZMAX. Genesis tanks with single coil, rayon wick, around 2 ohm, 8-8.5 watts. MTL

ETA I forgot my daily device, SS SVD 2.0

Last edited:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Being still somewhat of a noob, and using vaping to get off the smokes, I normally do mouth-to-lung (although sometimes I do direct lung hits if I'm using a nice, soft, juice with not much nicotine). I've only used regulated mods so far, and haven't even considered getting into rebuilding yet. My favorite setup RIGHT NOW is a Kanger Protank II with a 1.8 ohm coil sitting atop my beautiful Disrupter set at 7.5 watts. Yeah, I know, I'm living dangerously. ;) But that's what makes me happy. :D I'm sure I'll progress as my vape journey continues, but I seem to be in a very comfortable place at the moment, and happy to stay here.

~Lannie

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I like regulated mods and tanks. While I can see the interest in dripping, I prefer less fuss when vaping. I wasn't one of those who snuffed out my cigs and re-lit them, so why would I want to mess with having to add a few more drops every now and then? Likewise, with regulated mods, I get a consistent experience. I'm also one of those people who's comfortable with both mouth-to-lung and direct-lung, often alternating between the two. MTL is the more enjoyable experience for me, but I do like the larger clouds that DL provides. Even on sub-ohm tanks, I don't do high wattages--25 watts is the highest I go, with my usual range between 13-16 watts.

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
Jul 9, 2015
Being still somewhat of a noob, and using vaping to get off the smokes, I normally do mouth-to-lung (although sometimes I do direct lung hits if I'm using a nice, soft, juice with not much nicotine). I've only used regulated mods so far, and haven't even considered getting into rebuilding yet. My favorite setup RIGHT NOW is a Kanger Protank II with a 1.8 ohm coil sitting atop my beautiful Disrupter set at 7.5 watts. Yeah, I know, I'm living dangerously. ;) But that's what makes me happy. :D I'm sure I'll progress as my vape journey continues, but I seem to be in a very comfortable place at the moment, and happy to stay here.

~Lannie

In my opinion, if it works for you, don't go out of your way to change it just because it's older technology or hardware. As you can see there are plenty of users who prefer the Mouth to Lung experience at low wattages, even with cartos and older tanks. Only upgrade if you aren't satisfied with your experience- if you are, just stick with it!

I'm the kind who wonders why I don't have factory TC heads for my iSubs. :mad:
Talk about a no brainer... direct coil base to mod 510 connection. :rolleyes:

Oh wait... that wasn't the question. :p

The reason for this is because we are on the fence about Nickel being a hazard free material to use for resistance wire in vaping. Nickel is known for leeching and isn't considered a food grade material at all, so for now we are hesitant to offer it to our customers. As far as TC goes in general, we are working tirelessly on making sure the DisrupterTC delivers a perfect TC vape with Kanthal wire, and hopefully we will see it being finalized and sold soon.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Hey guys! We want to get to know you more! So, ECF Innokin family, what kind of vaper are you? Are you a mouth to lung-er, direct lung hitter, rebuildable fiend, or do you prefer tanks? Mech user? Maybe you only like regulated? Tell us about you!

So, how about you?
I dont know that I count as part of the ecf Innokin family as I didn't win in the contest and I have limited Innokin equipment but since I AM currently loving my Isub and waiting on my Apex I thought I would go ahead and hop on in lol.

I am an all over the place vaper...at this moment I am using my D2 with my Isub and I am a happy woman...later tonight Ill be using a Reliant with my fishbone atty...I left my Mech at home while I am traveling but I am considering getting another and hopefully within the next few days Ill have my CF4 to go with my apex lol...

I started as a strictly MTL low watt vaper who was afraid of anything with removable batteries and who had to have a tank...now I'm becoming addicted to building and have a love of mods that give me the ability to use them with whatever suits how I am vaping at that moment (lung issues sometimes means no direct to lung and certainly no clouds)

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
I loved the XI tank I had until a 5 pack of coils (authenticated) were ALL bad (at 2am on a Sunday morning ) so I switched to REBUILDABLES......

I loved the MVP 2.0 till the switch went bad 3 months to the day after I bought it. I was told "too bad soooooo sad" at the point of purchase.. I went to MECHANICALS.

Mechanical/Rebuild-able tank fanatic.......

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have two regulated 'vape devices'. One is a 134 mini that I still can use a bit, but I've dropped it a couple times and the VW part is sort of the worse for wear. I just love the 'look' of it, and I do like VW opposed to VV (which my other battery is (a Kamry X7)) better. The two clearo's I have and use are the X.I (with the additional 2.1 ohm coil) and a Vapros V-Spot (with a 1.8 ohm coil, which will be the size of my next X.I heads), and am mostly a mouth hitter, sometimes a mouth to lung hitter. While both vapes are regulated, and I am dedicated to that tech., I still have and use a couple eGo batteries when I'm charging one or both the other vape batteries.

mastiffhound

Jun 8, 2015
    Lets see,
    I started vaping May 5, 2015. I have 2 Aspire kits but only use the tanks that came with them the Aspire K1 and the Nautilus, both of which have been modded for more airflow but still mouth to lung hitters. They both sit on top of my Innokin iTaste VV for when I want to use some of my higher PG stuff. My daily vape is my 2 MVP 3.0 Pros and my iSub G tank with .5 coils at 13w to 14w. I do both mouth and lung hits, I guess that's weird. I like the convenience of just switching a coil, if I had to rebuild I'm not sure I'd be off of smokes. That could change in the future but right now I'm perfectly happy.

The TC does need to hurry up, I been looking at a new mod and would like to stay with Innokin. At the very least the higher mah batteries for the Disrupter need to come out like yesterday. Do that and you'll sell me both the Disupter and the TC!

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    I starting vaping 20 months ago in order to get completely off a 40 year / 2-pack per day cigarette habit.

I am a mouth to lung vape user since that is the way I used to smoke cigarettes ... I don't see the need to do straight lung hits.

I use an RTA (Kayfun Lite-Plus or a Lemo 2) filled with my own DIY juice that is 40% PG / 60% VG and 16mg Nic.

I make single 28 AWG Kanthal coil at about 1.4 ohms, and power it with around 11 watts.

I use a regulated mod since that's the only way I can keep that consistant 11 watts during the whole vape ... Just ordered a 'Disrupter' since I do like the design.

mastiffhound

Jun 8, 2015
    BTW ... I am in no big hurry to get a 'Temperature Controlled' mod and use Ni200 coils as of yet ... I too am worried about the long-term effects of vaping with nickel wire.

I am perfectly happy building Kanthal A1 coils, so why change.

I'm with you, nickel just seems like too much of a risk. The new InnoTC is supposed to work with Kanthal, it might be the one thing to get me building. If the coils are cheap like the iSub I might just keep buying my coils though.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    This is the video..
    Great video. I'm going to show the beginning to a few people I know, basically to second what I've been trying to tell them about how this whole thing works.

Over the past year, I've made some small forward steps. You know, a basic vaper timeline. eGo CE4 -> bottom coil -> regulated APV -> sortof a DIYer.. I've gotten sort of interested in TC, but this definition of nickel wire has made up my mind. I'm happy where I'm at for the moment. It'll most probably be a long moment too.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm a mouth to lung vaper most of the time. I do lung hit once in a while. I make my own coils at 1.5-1.8. I've been using kayfuns for quite a while now. I've tried a few sub ohm tanks. I know sub ohming is very popular now but it seems like every tank that comes out is designed for sub ohming and doesn't work well for people that use mid resistance coils at low to medium power levels. That being said, I have yet to try a TC mod so that might be different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread