What kind of wire do i use. Pill case vs. lighter mod. HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
I was going to try to make a mod. I don't know what kind of wire to use. can i use normal wire that i have used for led's in my truck? Like the wires that are wrapped and have tons of little individual wires inside or does the inside have to be a solid wire?

I wanted to try the 3min lighter mod that a that someone posted since i figured it would be easy. I really like the aluminum pill case mods a lot better and would much rather make one of them but for the life of me cant figure out how to do the springs and button plunger and grounding and all that other stuff. My head is spinning w/ info. I wouldn't mind a button on the end but just can't figure any of it out! UGH!:evil:If anyone can save me from pulling the rest of my hair out that would be great. I was planning on using a 10440 battery thats already in my passthrough cuz i already own it.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i need to get myself some. i heard about 26 gauge wire. some people uses solid some uses threaded. my RS had only 24 solid and its tough to work with. i've been destroying 1 dollar usb cable from the dollar store:blink: it has 4 28 gauges wires on the inside (green, white, red, blue).
can someone please post a link for some electrical wire??

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I was going to try to make a mod. I don't know what kind of wire to use. can i use normal wire that i have used for led's in my truck? Like the wires that are wrapped and have tons of little individual wires inside or does the inside have to be a solid wire?

I wanted to try the 3min lighter mod that a that someone posted since i figured it would be easy. I really like the aluminum pill case mods a lot better and would much rather make one of them but for the life of me cant figure out how to do the springs and button plunger and grounding and all that other stuff. My head is spinning w/ info. I wouldn't mind a button on the end but just can't figure any of it out! UGH!:evil:If anyone can save me from pulling the rest of my hair out that would be great. I was planning on using a 10440 battery thats already in my passthrough cuz i already own it.

Any small wire will work just fine, as Mister pointed out threaded (the one with a bunch of wires in it) is a lot easier to work with (bends easier). With that said if you want to bend the wires and have them stay where you bend them then solid wire would works good, it all depends on what works for you and what you are making and how.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin

Thanks for the link.
From what it sounds like a bunch of guys are having a tough time finding protected 10440 batteries. But i'm assuming its an old thread. cuz twards the end they started showin links for protected trustfire 600mAh batts. From what i take about my battery is that it doesn't have the extra little ridge on the negitive side so i'm assuming its not protected. They also said that using a single unprotected battery should be ok as long as you take care of it. ex: using the right charger, not throwing your pv against a wall.... Since i want to use just one 10440 battery in the 3min lighter mod i think i'll be ok w/ the battery i got from joye that i'm using in my PT, Plus the lighter is pretty well "vented" vs a aluminum tube that is air tight. They said that you need to start worrying about protection when you are stacking batts, mismatching batts (one batt w/ 25% left on it and one batt that has a 100% charge). That is what i understood from that thread, did i miss anything? :vapor:

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
I just butcher anything broken that is electric all led's and all wires and resisters I strip the whole thing everything from phonelines to speakerwire has all worked for me

Alrite thanks. I understand that just about anything works w/ moding, well wire wise. I think i'll jus use what i have laying around.

Thanks for the link.
From what it sounds like a bunch of guys are having a tough time finding protected 10440 batteries. But i'm assuming its an old thread. cuz twards the end they started showin links for protected trustfire 600mAh batts. From what i take about my battery is that it doesn't have the extra little ridge on the negitive side so i'm assuming its not protected. They also said that using a single unprotected battery should be ok as long as you take care of it. ex: using the right charger, not throwing your pv against a wall.... Since i want to use just one 10440 battery in the 3min lighter mod i think i'll be ok w/ the battery i got from joye that i'm using in my PT, Plus the lighter is pretty well "vented" vs a aluminum tube that is air tight. They said that you need to start worrying about protection when you are stacking batts, mismatching batts (one batt w/ 25% left on it and one batt that has a 100% charge). That is what i understood from that thread, did i miss anything? :vapor:

????^^^^^Can someone please answer this post^^^^^^^^???

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
thanks for the link sci but i guess im gonna borrow some telephone lines from work... (thanks nico, hows the double bottle coming along?)
OP, take a look at this thread
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/33623-10440-protected-batteries.html

Well...the boxes I got were too flimsy so I need to find a better package for that. I have been working on a simple nico-stick so I can do away with the expensive...and worn out...510 batts. I just finished one that uses 2 14500 900mah...and my "saving wickless attys" JB has made me lazy to modding.:vapor: Its still held together with tape!:blush::ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread