What kinds of wattage settings you preferred?

What kinds of wattage settings you preferred?

• A: Watts setting in 1 W

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • B: Watts setting in 0.1W

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • C: Watts setting in 0.5W

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyetech_Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2018
www.joyetech.com
Dear All,

With virtually every new mod released these days featuring wattage settings in 0.1 steps. I wondered just how many of us are actually liking this setting? Or what kinds of wattage settings you preferred?
DlqqjziV4AE5Ghl.jpg

Have a great day!

joyetech

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
No, not really. But if swapping from a 1.8 ohm MTL plus ohm that cooks at say, 12 watts to one that uses say, 0.5 and 25 watts the 0.5 makes changing it much easier.

In 0.1's it goes to scrolling really fast and I either stop too soon or 'oops'... went past it. 0.5 makes it much easier if stopping too soon or 'oops, went past it' as well.

I use whole number settings btw.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Gotcha! I’ve been toying with different builds - single coils, dual, pre built coils and self rolled. Sometimes the change in power can be significant. Just don’t see the point of 0.1 watt increments if no one can detect that difference. Guess we all have our own preferences and obtaining a happy medium for all may be difficult. I too try to obtain a single digit wattage. But if I land on 39.7 vs 40 I don’t sweat it. But my OCD will kick in sooner or later and I will change that 0.3 difference.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Actually my preference isn't even in the poll! I want to see the VV/VW CHOICE brought back.
As far as I can tell today's mods go no lower than 7 Watts and I doubt their accuracy in doing that. With my current mtl clearo mounted on my ancient Vamo box mods I have to switch to VV mode to get down to the equivalent of the 6.6-6.8 Watts that my coils like to run at.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Dear All,

With virtually every new Mod released these days featuring wattage settings in 0.1 steps. I wondered just how many of us are actually liking this setting? Or what kinds of wattage settings you preferred?
DlqqjziV4AE5Ghl.jpg

Have a great day!

Joyetech

A 0.1 Watt display can be a Real Hassle when the Speed Up Feature kicks in Fast while holding down the +/- Buttons.

I prefer 0.5 Watt increments.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I hear ya on the impulse thing Punk in Drublic. Try as I may to allow the 13.9 setting to remain, sooner or later I'm going to get that .0 decimal place.

With .5 it doesn't seem so urgent to adjust the number....

I know some who if they vaped would probably prefer two decimal places... you know the type....

Person 1: "What time is it?"
Person 2: "oh, about quarter to 9"
Person 3: "8:43".... (watching wrist watch) "nope, wait.... it's now 8:44"..

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Actually my preference isn't even in the poll! I want to see the VV/VW CHOICE brought back.
As far as I can tell today's mods go no lower than 7 Watts and I doubt their accuracy in doing that. With my current mtl clearo mounted on my ancient Vamo box mods I have to switch to VV mode to get down to the equivalent of the 6.6-6.8 Watts that my coils like to run at.

While not exactly what you're talking about, reminds me why I love my Hohm Wrecker, still. I can adjust my wattage but see the voltage as well. Then I can run say 4.2v on the low end (just hits 4.2v)or bump up the wattage to the high end (just before it turns 4.3v).

Helps to determine if the build is going to be decent on a mech as well, when I cut the wattage down to 3.7v. It's not the same but gets me a really good idea, especially on a new topper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread