What led you to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
Familiar story. Tired of dumping money into a habit that is slowly killing me. I had been doing RYO for probably close to 10 years. When I started rolling analogs, you could buy a 5oz can of the top of the line stuff for $11. That can is now closer to $50 where I live. I don't even know what packs cost, but I don't even want to think about that. Well, because the Man finally caught up to the RYO people with taxes, I moved to rolling with "pipe cut," but I have not been able to find a brand/blend that I like as much as the old Golden Shag or Stokkebyes, and then I started to see folks at work switching to vapes, so I went for it, both to save money and, eventually, to quit. I'm still supplementing with a few analogs a day (5-6 maybe vs. 15-20 before vaping). But I'm weening.

DorsaiMaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
Health reasons moved me to quit smoking. I had tried some cheap disposables awhile back and was less than thrilled with them. Found this forum and did some research, got hooked. Have no interest in ever returning to analogs. Plus the smell from the smoke is horrible. I feel better and I am very satisfied.

Nu2Dis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
A local B&M sign, at a store I didn't know was there, caught my eye at a food festival. All I knew about e-cigs, was that they existed and didn't work well. I walked in got suckered into buying my first EGO kit. I threw my half pack of smokes in the garbage can as I walked out the door, and haven't had one since; just over 4 months now. The only reason I say I got suckered is because it cost me 80 bucks. I see similar kits for $20.00 now.

ovrjoyd

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 2, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
My employer. Everyone in my office smokes and I ended up smoking analogs again after being a non-smoker for 15 year (with a 2 year relapse to analogs). I must have purchased $100 worth of nicotine patches but everytime I smelled a cig I would inevitably bum one off my co worker.
My boss turned me on to vaping and said I could smoke it in the office.
I fell in love with vaping. The yummy flavors plus that nicotine satisfaction. AHHHHHHH! I tried an analog a few weeks later and it tasted so vile after smoking ejuice goodness. Haven't had a desire to smoke an analog since. It's been months. I don't know my quit date because I didn't know it was.
I have been reducing my nicotine levels and mixing 0 with 6 and 12, etc. I started at 18 mg. VAPE 4 LIFE!
I just wish I could afford all the stuff I want to try.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
I was a former cigarette smoker (had quit for years) but still enjoy an occasional and good cigar.

My wife on the other hand was a 1-2 pack a day analog smoker who had tried multiple times to quit (and failed each time). She had gotten very discouraged and was of the opinion that she would probably be smoking until the day she couldn't inhale anymore.

A friend purchased her a Blu starter kit that sat in her desk drawer for over a year. She was almost afraid of the thing, or more likely, afraid that she might try (again) and fail.

A year ago, on a trip to Seattle, she decided to stop burning and start vaping when we got home. While the Blu's were familiar and a somewhat satisfying alternative, I could tell that she wasn't getting the same Nicotine level, throat hit, and was starting to worry that she would fail.... again.

So, I did some online research, saw that there were alternatives to the Blu Ecosystem (both the hardware and their business model) and got myself into refilling her cartos, looking for better performing (and more economical) batteries, and so on. Since I am a techie gear-head, I found the combination and wide variety of hardware/functionality to be fascinating.

Soon, I was trying flavors myself, and experimenting "for her". Which means that I now had a new hobby of my own.

So, I am the one that has the vaping budget, she's been analog-free for a year, and I am the one still doing research, testing, trying and then coming to her with "honey, try this and tell me what you think". I am really enjoying being a hobbyist, find that having a therapeutic nicotine level is not a bad thing for either of us, and we're both enjoying not spending the money on burning sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread