What led you to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismikehead

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Over the past few years, I had gone from a former smoker, to an every once in awhile smoker, to a fairly regular smoker. I knew it was a bad idea, but just enjoyed it too dang much. My neighbor was introduced to vaping by some co-workers, and I was very interested. I did some research, and then gladly accepted his gift of the old eGo battery he started with.

Now, about a month and a half later, I've picked up an itaste VV, a few extra clearo tanks, and a few bottles of juice. I haven't picked up an analog, though. :2cool:

JanaOnWheels

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2013
I had heard of e-cigs here and there for a while, but didn't think much of it. Then my daughter bought a disposable one for the novelty of it and offered it to me to try. Well, it was dead, so I just shrugged and handed it back to her, and that was that... until a few months later.

I had seen an article about e-cigs in my news feed and read it - right away, I was intrigued, so I started Googling it a bit. I told my caregiver about it, and he was interested, too. Then on June 15th, he texted me a pic of his friend's cig-a-like kit that he was selling. He said I could try it first to see if I liked it. It took about 3 hits to decide that I did (like it). So I bought it off the guy.

Except for one final cigarette that day while waiting for the battery to charge, I haven't had one since.

Health and cost is what initially attracted me... I have enough health problems and didn't want to add to them, and I figured it out just today that I have saved about $300 in the last 3 months by switching to vaping.

:)

MTLBYAKY

Jana~

Like many others to quit smoking and I can not believe it is working. No cigarettes in months. The first week I still had to have that morning and after meals smoke but that is now gone. Now and again I think about it but a few puffs on my vape and that is all gone. After a stroke and open heart surgery smoking was killing me but i could not get more then a month under my belt. This is fantastic since nicotine does not contribute to my health issues like all the other things in cigarette smoke did. I am already breathing better and feeling stronger when I exercise and walk. Don't understand when studies show more people quit with e-cigs then the patch and other nicotine replacement therapies why the government wants to fight it.

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas
Tired of wasting money. Tired of coughing my lungs up every morning. Figured Id give quitting cigs another shot.

And I met some very nice people at the vape shop today, which was my first time there.

Plus I also build rc cars with my kid, so I think I will really like all the customization options!

Last edited:
My mom and aunt both died of lung cancer in 2010 of lung cancer. Mom was 65. Before she passed she begged me to promise her I'd quit. Then to hold her hand and by twin holding her other hand in hospice and watch her take her last breaths as her lungs were filled with water and to see her struggle to take that last breath that never came and to see the look on her face, first scared then the most painful look I've ever seen her make before she let go and passed on was the worst thing I've ever been through. And I've been through a lot in my short 38 years. When she passed and big hole in my heart was created that can't be filled. I fill like a part of me died with her that day. I couldn't quit right away cause that was my only vise and the stress and pain was too much to bare. I tried the ( blu electric cigarette ) but that was ..... Then 54 days ago I saw a friend Vaping and asked him what that was about. He told me, so I went to the store and bought a eGo C starter kit with all the goodies. I tried to get my brother to start but he wanted to see me do it first. I just bought a provari and sold him all my other stuff and got some of my money back, but now he has joined me in the VAPING MOVEMENT. IM 54 days no cigarettes. I hear of people starting to vape and still smoke for a little bit but I quit the dat I started Vaping and never have looked back. I can't believe I smelt like an ashtray for 21 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread