What makes the Omega awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
I have one, though it's a clone. Ay time someone asks if the Omega is any good, I always have to say yes, that it's fantastic. They ask about the drawbacks. Well, it's hard as hell to build on because of the high walls. The holes are also quite low so it can leak. The positives? Great could production and flavor. Why? I have no idea! There's no reduced chamber, no deep well that holds a monster amount of juice (obviously, since the leaking holes are a factor). What makes it work so well? It's the dripper I can't seem to put down and I have no idea what makes it great! Other than I love the look of it, but I'm speaking of functionality. Any other Omega lovers that can explain this to me?

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
This is just some speculation but the dome shape in the top cap could contribute to the flavor that you get out of it because it channels it all into one spot where your drip tip inserts and goes into your mouth when you inhale. The 3mm airholes provide you with plenty of airflow which can provide you with outstanding vapor production with sub-ohm coils if it is positioned right in front of the coils. Both of those two factors could contribute to the overall satisfaction with the RDA.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
This is just some speculation but the dome shape in the top cap could contribute to the flavor that you get out of it because it channels it all into one spot where your drip tip inserts and goes into your mouth when you inhale. The 3mm airholes provide you with plenty of airflow which can provide you with outstanding vapor production with sub-ohm coils if it is positioned right in front of the coils. Both of those two factors could contribute to the overall satisfaction with the RDA.

Good point, I didn't think about the bell shape of it. I think the best factor is the holes. So easy to turn. I have a 3D and the AFC is pretty tough. I think a lot of the companies that make RDA's with AFC still haven't mastered the balance between being able to easily slide to another setting while still staying seated so it doesn't close up on it's own. The Omega handles it perfectly. I had to remove 2 O-rings to get it to not be so hard to turn. It still closes occasionally. That being said, it's an awesome RDA as well.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I have two of them one from EHpro in Stainless and a gold one from CiGreen. Both work well and I really like them however the EHpro has one problem in that the 510 connection sits flat and I've not found a way to pull the center pin out a bit as it is cut so close to the inside edge. With that said it won't match up with my Vamo, Lambo or Cana DNA 30 box mod clone with out using either an 510/510 adapter of an air control ring. Now it works fine on my Nemesis as those have a truely adjustable 510 connection.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
I really really hate my Omega clone compared to the Trident, Phoenix V4 (cheap!), and IGO-W. Building on it is a REAL pain, and the clone's holes aren't placed correctly which gives me sub-par flavor and density. How do you guys build them to get such satisfactory results? I'm genuinely interested, I don't like adding more stuff to my "e scrap" bin.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
I really really hate my Omega clone compared to the Trident, Phoenix V4 (cheap!), and IGO-W. Building on it is a REAL pain, and the clone's holes aren't placed correctly which gives me sub-par flavor and density. How do you guys build them to get such satisfactory results? I'm genuinely interested, I don't like adding more stuff to my "e scrap" bin.

I actually ended up liking it way more than my Trident. I had a bad experience with mine and it didn't last long. The top screws didn't take long to stop screwing on. As far as the Omega goes, my little trick is that I bend the legs at the very bottom to make little feet that will much more easily go into the holes.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
I actually ended up liking it way more than my Trident. I had a bad experience with mine and it didn't last long. The top screws didn't take long to stop screwing on. As far as the Omega goes, my little trick is that I bend the legs at the very bottom to make little feet that will much more easily go into the holes.

Sounds like we've had opposite experiences- my two Trident clones have lasted me a very long time thus far! Go figure. I know of the post issues though, and I'm always very gentle with them.

Anyway, on the Omega, do you build horizontal or vertical coil? I'm having better luck with vertical, but the vape quality isn't anywhere near close to the other RDAs I have. I really think this is due to the air hole position. Are your holes in the right spot? Mine is from FT and I've seen others on YouTube (not FT clones) that have correct hole placement.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
Sounds like we've had opposite experiences- my two Trident clones have lasted me a very long time thus far! Go figure. I know of the post issues though, and I'm always very gentle with them.

Anyway, on the Omega, do you build horizontal or vertical coil? I'm having better luck with vertical, but the vape quality isn't anywhere near close to the other RDAs I have. I really think this is due to the air hole position. Are your holes in the right spot? Mine is from FT and I've seen others on YouTube (not FT clones) that have correct hole placement.

I've been doing horizontal coils. Also, I don't remember what kind of clone my Trident was. It was a gold plated one I got from Vape Royalty (they don't sell it anymore, this was quite a while ago). I do know that it was a V1. I don't like the look of the V2. More specifically, I don't like the "Trident" graphic on it.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
I've been doing horizontal coils. Also, I don't remember what kind of clone my Trident was. It was a gold plated one I got from Vape Royalty (they don't sell it anymore, this was quite a while ago). I do know that it was a V1. I don't like the look of the V2. More specifically, I don't like the "Trident" graphic on it.

Haha I hear you, though my Tridents are my favorite clone RDA, I personally feel they are also among the ugliest! There's just too much going on with the fins/ribs/curves. One of mine is a nickel-plated copper deal from eBay, the other is an "A1" from FT. The A1 FT model seems to be pure stainless and very rigid. The eBay copper one seems to be on the weak side, nevertheless it has lasted though.

Anyway, how about the air holes on your Omega? Can you possibly get a picture of it?

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
Haha I hear you, though my Tridents are my favorite clone RDA, I personally feel they are also among the ugliest! There's just too much going on with the fins/ribs/curves. One of mine is a nickel-plated copper deal from eBay, the other is an "A1" from FT. The A1 FT model seems to be pure stainless and very rigid. The eBay copper one seems to be on the weak side, nevertheless it has lasted though.

Anyway, how about the air holes on your Omega? Can you possibly get a picture of it?

This is what it looks like with current build
http://imgur.com/a/HXbyl

Last edited:

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE

My Omega was my favorite RDA for a while. Mine doesn't have the post holes though. Which makes it a PAIN to build on ! I don't like not being able to move the air holes either. But I like the cooler vapes with a lower ohm build and the Omega does that well. When I got my Trident V2 I didn't even use it, kept pulling the Omega back out. Now my Trident is my favorite, even though I HATE building on it ! Once I get it built.....I LOVE it !!!

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
Alright, here you go. The problem with my Omega clone is the holes are not in the correct location. This has got to be why my vape quality is sub-par! Here's a picture:

imgur: the simple image sharer

That said, don't get the FT version!!

Oh wow, that sucks. I can see how that would really screw up the performance.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
Well, I was going to say Quad Coils.
At least that is why I think mine is so great. The build was a bit of a pain but the vape is fantastic.
However, the one I have has the 3mm holes centered to the + post.

You know what, quads just might be the ticket for mine... I put a .3 ohm vertical dual coil setup in it yesterday and the quality is much better. Quad vertical coils might just cover all the bases good enough that the airflow (wherever it is going) could hit at least two out of 4 coils. I'll give it a shot!

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com

I dislike my OMEGA clone as well. It's OK, I guess, once you figure it out.

but

the secret is to not use the holes at all - build under the screws. Apparently the authentic doesn't have holes in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread