What makes the provari so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisj3982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
I've done a bit of research and don't see much of a difference between the provari and most other vv/vw setups. I have the MVP 2 and I love it, but I see everybody on here seems to be all about the provari. Aside from the price I don't see that big of a difference, correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
The Provari is American made from 99 - 100% American sourced parts, has an included 1 year warranty with an optional additional year, and thereafter it can continue to be sent back to Provape for repair at nominal fees and decent turn around times. It can also tends to be able to take a beating and keep on vaping.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
What makes the Provari so special?

I don't know. I haven't touched mine in weeks. I have three Reos in constant rotation, and they perform just as well as my Provari did. Also, 100% made in the USA, and user serviceable so I can fix them myself if I have to.

Different tools for different people dchest. :) I personally don't have any want for a bottom feeding mechanical, but I'll admit that the Reo is the best in it's class. Heck, I don't even own a Provari, but after finally going vv and doing a ton of research, one will be weighing down my Christmas stocking this year. ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
StormFinch hit the nail on the head. A Provari is a dependable, consistant, and durable basic VV mod which will last as long as YOU want it to. The vast majority of Chinese-made mods will be lucky to see their first or second birthday. The majority of first run Provari's are three years old and still working perfectly.

• Provape gives you a 1 year warranty, with an option to purchase a second year at time of purchase. How long of a warranty does your mod have?

• Even after warranty expiration, Provape provides lifetime repair service for reasonable pre-determined fees. Does your mod's manufacturer offer that?

After Warranty Standard Service Repair Costs:

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
    Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
    Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
    Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
    Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
    Cleaning - $20.00
    Replace top cap - $15.00
    Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
    Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
ProVari owners love the build, the reliability and the customer service provided by ProVape. REO owners love pretty much the same things. MPV owners love their devices. Insert any name that someone has and loves, you will get the idea.

We are all passionate about our PV of choice. Just as we are all passionate about the delivery systems that work for each of our individual styles of vaping.

Why I chose to get a ProVari: reliability, the fact that I can just switch out batteries, if I damage the device I can send it in for repair, while doing my research I never saw a bad thing about it on the forum and it works well with my delivery system of choice.

I did the same research when I first started vaping and couldn't justify buying one when I decided to give vaping a try. I mean, nothing ever worked for me when I tried everything else to quit smoking. I did want to give vaping a fair chance to work so I went with a mid range device. I got an eGo Twist. It proved to me that OMG yes! It can work! And did work.

Since I now knew that this was the way for me to quit smoking, then is when I asked Mr. Robin for a ProVari for Christmas last year. I do not regret the purchase and have acquired a couple more (for backup purposes of course ;) )

Vaping is not a hobby for me. I just want a reliable device that works when I am using it. I don't even deviate from my delivery system of choice. I liked the ease of smoking, I now like the ease of vaping. Add liquid, screw onto battery unit, vape. Done.

And now the obligatory "Whatever works for you". :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
There's a Cyber Monday only 10% off special!!
From what I've seen, that's the best they've ever done - previous promos have been 5%.

And they are often available in the classifieds, and because they're built so well, people are fairly comfortable that a used one will still be working just fine...

Wish they had an Xmas deal I would pull the trigger now.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I like the ProVari for what it is and the milestone it represents in the evolution of vaping.

I want one, but I can't make myself pull the trigger mostly because I bet they do a new version
or entirely new device that does VW....
But that's my own problem, not the ProVari's.
Provape has given no indication that a new Provari model will be introduced. The current model is selling extremely well as is. If Provape were to add new electronic features, it would have been with the recent v2.5 upgrade, which was only a cosmetic design change to the tubes.

If variable wattage is a gamechanger for you, then a Provari likely is not a good choice. I've never owned a VW mod, and I don't understand how it would be gamechanger for me. I choose the resistance of my juice attachments wisely and purchase them with the ohm that works best for my Provari's. So someone please tell me how VW is such a gamechanger?

Last edited:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
to quote from Deacon Aegis on 4/13/2013

"ProVari's qualify you to become a member of the ProVarinati, which will make you powerful and attractive to women. You may also get a job at MI-6 with a Provari, and everyone wants to drive an Aston Martin, right?"

158757l.gif
15pfl2p.gif
158757l.gif

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I think VW probably helps with mods that can't sustain constant power, so the mod has to adjust power to compensate for the fluctuations. This isn't an issue with ProVari, so would be pointless. If VW analyzed the viscosity of my juices and flavors and adjusted the power accordingly, then it would be something valuable. As it is, I use the same ohm coils and know my juices, so rarely have to change the power settings.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
If your device can hold a constant voltage through the discharge cycle of the battery AND it has variable voltage you can hold a steady wattage at the resistive element by picking the voltage you want to run at.
If your device has variable wattage it is trying to keep the wattage steady throughout the discharge cycle of the battery by varying voltage.....

I still maintain that you have a finer control over wattage stepping the voltage by 0.1 than you do stepping the wattage by 0.5

I own a MVP2 because it was cheap, I will own a Provari someday :)

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
If your device can hold a constant voltage through the discharge cycle of the battery AND it has variable voltage you can hold a steady wattage at the resistive element by picking the voltage you want to run at.
If your device has variable wattage it is trying to keep the wattage steady throughout the discharge cycle of the battery by varying voltage.....

I still maintain that you have a finer control over wattage stepping the voltage by 0.1 than you do stepping the wattage by 0.5

I own a MVP2 because it was cheap, I will own a Provari someday :)

and i maintain in real life it doesn't make a darn bit of difference....(and a dna20 adjusts in .1 increments not .5). what's on top matters way more than the power source. vape what satisfies you, not anybody else......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread