Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Some of us assign a high value to "original" devices from their creator. In many cases, they are at least somewhat superior to the copies. Others see the copies as counterfeits. Many of the buyers of the higher priced mods want the support and service they can often get as well.

Some of the recent mod makers are most certainly just profiteering, but not all. I see most designs as derivative at this point, so the phrase "original" is pretty meaningless in many cases. I do like supporting the real innovators if I can afford it, but most of my devices are inexpensive. My Touchwood and Provari are two devices that copies simply don't match, and although mine were obtained as used ones, they are worth their asking price.

Different strokes for different folks!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
It's the asking price of the creator who put a value on their design and creation of said design. Some people will pay the asking price of the designer for the prestige of owning an original. China will copy and produce a lot of mods and release them at more affordable cost for everybody else.

Basically, if it's worth it to you...
The value of an item is only as much as someone is willing to pay.

It is a nice mod. I will be buying a clone. I will be modifying it as soon as I get it. It will be "Dougiestyled" :)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Boy. we live in a world of cheap bast......s.

Consider a tail of two burgers.

One is made in a steak house, huge it is, comes with another plate of steak fries and great service and all the trimmings you want.

The other, Burger King. Comes in a paper wrapper and the picture they show you prior to purchase has no reflection on the burger you get. Comes with a small bag of fries that have bad spots and maybe not enough salt.

Some will tel you the steak house burger is the same and the cook is gouging you in the pricing. Some will tell you that you can level "the playing field" between the two burgers because they are essentially the same. Some will want to tax the steak house cook because he charging too much to be "real". Some will tell you that all burgers should be created equal so as to make it "Fair", for everbody.

There is no accounting for taste, or the ability to discern it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Some of us assign a high value to "original" devices from their creator.

This is the REAL World Problem(HIGH)

There is nothing wrong with placing a Value on an object of higher quality or support. There is a serious problem with people clamoring to be first in line for a limited production product, thus driving pricing through the roof.
Limited Production equaling - I'm just not into manufacturing these. A few at a extreme price will do.

Then of course you have the true artist that do develop limited collectors pieces. They set a limited run and are done. Unfortunately the collectors, knowing full well -THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE PERIOD - Stroke out if a copy is created and sold.
Dudes, make sure you got authentication papers with your purchase.:facepalm:

Did not mean to turn this into a Clones thread. Simply linked Fasttech so people can see just how BASIC that 2x 18650 Mechanical Mod is.It is nothing new and is definitely NOT worth the asking price - TO ME.

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
from my research, you pay for quality parts, design, original creation runs, support, and bragging rights
some clones are just as good, I just got my stingray clone mech mod by infinite and I love it so far, its almost like the real thing according to reviewers of both

I have an original diablo by el diablo, cost me $190 but no one makes a clone of it, it is sick! unfortunately I dropped it last Monday on the sidewalk and damaged it so its not missing a chunk of copper and has scratches on the switch, the magnets also broke in half :|

but ive been communicating with el diablo and trying to get a replacement switch and magnets

not sure if you can do the same with clone companies then again, at $10-50 I probably wouldn't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread