What method do you use to clean your atomizer? (Poll)

How do you clean your atomizers?

• Boiling in water

• Soaking in club Soda / Pepsi Max

• Soaking in vinegar

• No cleaning, only draining.

• A method not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
I haven't been vaping that long but the 1st batch of atomizers once a week I was heating up some hydrogen peroxide in the att'y rinse a little then put some baking soda in the att'y and plop in vinegar. 2 att'ys rotated once a week and they lasted 1 month. These next 2 I'm just shaking some alcohol in the atty every night before bed and laying it upside down. I'm just experimenting right now with which way I think might work best.

With my 1st set I notice toward the end of the life when doing a the vinegar thing I would fine a tiny little black speck appear. After I would see that come out the atty wouldn't last much longer, maybe a day or 2.

caesar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Bucharest
theprecious.ro
I used an RN4081 atty for 3 weeks and only drained it 4 or 5 times overnight, only dripping during the day.
Then I rotated 3 and washed them with hot water every night, they are all unusable after 10 days due to an awful lagging smell when using them.

I now returned to the method of not caring and voted for it. 3 weeks from 10$ is more then enough for me. Constantly dripping 4ml/day is certainly not in atty specs.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
My 5v battery mod does a good job of burning my 901 atomizers clean. I haven't been getting any carbon/gunk build up. My atty has been burning strong for almost 2 months now. My 801's tend to clog. Usually stuffing them will paper towels and draining them over night does the trick.

I am doing the same thing with my fully charged 4,2 volt mod, dry burning once a day until I can see the coil glow red and then shutting off straight away. I am having my longest lasting, best working atomizers yet. I am using RN 4072 penstyles on my mod. I will rinse it out with a bit of vodka if it tastes horrible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread