• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Mod do I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPIVEY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
NCR
So I am headed back to Afghanistan. This will be my first deployment since I started vaping. What mod/atty do I take? Right now all I have is mechs. If I drip I run my Nemmi with an Omega and if I use a tank I run a KFL with a Paps X. I all leaning toward taking a mech. No circuitry that sand a crap can destroy and easy to clean. What have you guys run over there?

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
I would go with a Nemmi clone from Hcigar. Easy on the wallet, so if it gets scratched or messed up no worries, and it vapes like a beast. Igo-W is a good choice for an RDA for the same reasons. Its what I have been using since I'm on a budget and friends with both authntic Nemmis and the Hcigar clones have told me work equally well. Just make sure to upgrade the switch on the clone, it's kinda crunchy.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I'd say take something inexpensive, yet reasonably reliable. As you didn't give a generalization as to your duties, I think it might make it hard to help narrow it down (ie: if you'll be doing office type work, or on post, or out outside the wire, easy access to power or not, stuff like that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I would go with a Nemmi clone from Hcigar. Easy on the wallet, so if it gets scratched or messed up no worries, and it vapes like a beast. Igo-W is a good choice for an RDA for the same reasons. Its what I have been using since I'm on a budget and friends with both authntic Nemmis and the Hcigar clones have told me work equally well. Just make sure to upgrade the switch on the clone, it's kinda crunchy.

^this. You know and like the Nemmi; the clone is very, very close and expendable (relatively). You're wise to avoid anything with a PCB to go wonky. Now... how are you going to keep up a juice supply?

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Im in the box right now and can lend some advice. Like someone else said it depends on your duties. I'm infantry so i spend to much time out and about to have .... be complicated or unreliable. I personally use a mech clone, and a cartotank. easy to use and zero hassle. I tried to use my protank 3s for awhile but having a pocketful of qtips that get dirty werent doing me any good. I know its not a dripper, but i would trade quality (of the vape that is) for reliability everytime. Let us know what you do and we can guide you better from there. Just dont bring ur good stuff cuz youll be unhappy.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Cheap clones are nice... Until you get stuck outside the wire and and don't have a place to charge. Better bring plenty of spares and keep them charged to take with you.

Carto tank isn't a bad idea... As long as it's a locking carto tank.

RSST is another good one, set it up with wire/mesh wick, stick to one type of ADV. Better yet, have two RSST's to change it up some.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
REO would be nice to have.

No matter what you take though, you might want to also consider how you'd store it to protect it from sand/dust/weather. Especially the attached device. Wouldn't want sand all up in your coils.

If REO isn't the route you'd want to go down (still, a pretty good suggestion I think), perhaps your APV of choice with a Kayfun/Kayfun style (with stainless tank).

Another thought, if possible, set aside some ejuice for a care package now, and once you get there and have your mailing address, get the box sent to you. Probably show up a few weeks after you get there, and you could load it up with extra spares, juice and batteries.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Make sure all your batteries are in cases or customs will take them and they must be in your carry on. I would also have a backup to everything, charger, and tools also. Anything you need a torch for I wouldn't bring, jet lighters are a no no with customs also. Bring a couple months of liquid until you find out how long mail takes. Something to plug drip tip, sand in your arty really sucks, trust me a mouth full of sand from your ecig is not a good thing. This happened with my Terminator that doesn't have a removable drip tip while in lockdown waiting to leave. I had to use papertowels to stuff down it to get as much out as I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread