Status
Not open for further replies.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Define pretty?

There are quite a few mods out there that will do 18w most are custom, defining pretty in an e cig now thats a terming of personal choice.

I saw dressed up mod on fb the other day no other words defined it but gorgeous.. ill try to find it..

Modded by:
Christie Fox of JuiceJunkiesVapor Group
1385142_1421060158114316_1216313156_n.jpg

Last edited:

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
If you have variable voltage, it should be attainable as long as the device can output the necessary current.

For example, 6 volts into 2 ohms will be 18 watts with a 3 amp current draw.
Or, 5 volts into 1.39 Ohms will be 18 watts with a 3.6 amp current draw.

You will have to do the necessary calculations to see if the power output is attainable within the limits of your device. This question shows up the limitations of operating in wattage mode on VV/VW devices, since you can only set the power within the limits of the operating system. But, switching to voltage mode may allow you to exceed the pre-programmed limits.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I bought the Zmax mini (cute looking) - it goes to 15 watts max. It's not that great actually - at max, it's not that intense. Provari goes to 6 volts max, which is somewhere around 15 watts as well. Better vape than the Zmax mini by far, but still not capable of the power output I'm looking for. I've seen Youtubes with guys vaping on mods that go to 20 watts, but they look like large box mods, which is not aesthetically pleasing to me personally. Just wondered if I could compile a list of mods that have that kind of power, then choose one based on best quality and look...

I like that white eVic, Visus... I'll look into that brand. Thanks.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
It's the battery that you put in a mechanical that does the deed. When you get into the 20 watt range I would suggest an 18650 or larger battery with at least a C rating of 10.

OK makes sense - I've been running my Origin in shorty mode, so duh. I feel stupid now looking at my AW IMR's - it's clear what the difference is between the 18350 and the 18650, but for some reason, I got it in my head that they have the same output, but the 350's just need to be recharged more often. Someone actually told me that and I blindly accepted it- D'OH! OK off to experiment - THANK YOU!!!!

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Stupid question - most of my juices start tasting burnt at 9 or so watts. I use an itaste vv 3.0 and mini protank. Wouldn't 18 watts scorch it? What is the advantage?

Burning juice is a function of your delivery device. It's not designed to run the higher wattage, so trying to overpowers the coil/wick package.

In general you increase the size of the coil/wick package to increase power handling. The benefit is larger vapor volume.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
OK makes sense - I've been running my Origin in shorty mode, so duh. I feel stupid now looking at my AW IMR's - it's clear what the difference is between the 18350 and the 18650, but for some reason, I got it in my head that they have the same output, but the 350's just need to be recharged more often. Someone actually told me that and I blindly accepted it- D'OH! OK off to experiment - THANK YOU!!!!

yes for my dual coil (.7ohm) I regulary use my 30AMP sony's but my single coil (.9ohm) I can use 18350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread