What new FDA developments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
While I was checking for this week's specials, I saw this on the front page of your site:

ATTENTION We imagine that there are some questions that may be raised in light of new developments with the FDA. We can assure you that until Tasty Vapor has been instructed to review its business model, business will continue uninterrupted. You are always welcome to call us at (888) 389-3229 or get us on Live Help with any additional questions you may have. As for now, it is STILL business as usual.

I was wondering what you were referring to? The only thing that I've heard of recently was that they decided to regulate e-cigs as tobacco products. Is this what you are referring to or was there something else?

Thanks!

~C

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The FDA has been given jurisdiction to regulate the electronic cigarettes (and all materials involved) as tobacco products. What they propose as regulations and how that will affect the industry has yet to be revealed, however, it WILL affect the industry. Everyone is in the dark as to how much. So, all I can say is, in time, more will be revealed.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I don't know. Time will tell. This is the most accurate answer I have at the moment. Best thing ALL of us can do, especially if all of us want to continue doing what we're doing is take a more proactive part in the political end of things. I despise politics more than I can describe on a censored forum, however, because of what I do, I've been pushed into a more political arena, not only to protect my company, but protect my rights as a vaping individual and all of those things that I perceive to be "benefits" as the result of vaping.

U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page

Bookmark it, use it and make yourself heard.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, in terms of worries, taxes are the least of our worries.

The big worry would be the FDA having jurisdiction to put a halt to internet sales and mail order since other tobacco products cannot be shipped by mail, UPS, FedEx, etc. which would mean sales could happen as far as we'd be willing to drop ship ourselves or which ever stores would be carrying our product.

But that is not on the table right now.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
I believe in all honesty that the FDA will push electronic cigarettes into the underground by taxing them too high and trying to ban internet sales. They will never be able to stop it though, ain't going to happen. I just hope they come to their senses and realize the benefits are too important to be crushed because of payoffs from big tobacco and big pharma.

CV

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Huntington, West Virginia
The FDA really f^%##$@$! makes me angry. Banning my Clove cigs, I hadn't started to smoke till I was 22. I broke no law and because they're cloves or regular it wouldn't of mattered. I only smoked cloves cause that is what was introduced to me during a really really stressful period of time in my life. But it's all good cause I found youuuuu ooooooooooo youuuu electroniiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccc youuuuuuuuuuu. But if they try to take this away from me. There will be blood, not maybe. will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread