What new mod and tank to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Wait for the new Wismec reuleaux RX2/3 TC Mod. They just updated the board the 510 pin to gold, And whatever else I don't know, but It's new and 200 watts of power for 50 bucks.
Interesting. I have tried a few of these out in the past, the only thing I didn't like was how bulky the 3 battery setup was. I am curious how the 2 battery setup will be, looks much smaller. This might be a good option, thanks for the heads up!

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I was looking at the Cubis for a while (I am assuming you mean the mod), and I heard that some tanks had issues fitting on it correctly.

That is another worry of mine, if certain tanks will fit on certain mods without overhang or wobble. One reason why I did buy a kit to begin with.

EDIT: And I guess the Cubis is the tank and the Cuboid is the base ... whoops. My friend has a Cubis tank and he says he likes it. Only thing I don't like, is it looks like it is a single coil only RBA. Maybe I should say screw it and just buy 3 tanks, a couple mods and a bunch of batteries.

The FDA is giving me a pretty crappy present on my birthday (the 8th of August) ...

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Hah, I am not either. I am literally just going off of the things I would like to see, and reviews. Any further insight from anyone that has experience would be fantastic.

August of last year, many recommended the Kanger Subtank Mini kit to start with, and it was an absolutely fantastic recommendation. I am still using it now. I definitely trust the hive mind of this forum, as far as good hardware.
Merlin is a great RTA. Been using mine everyday since the first batch came out. Grabbed 4 more for storage.
Using it on a variety of mods. Parallel mechs, IPV5, Sigelei 150TC, IPV 3-LI. I build with ss wire and use it more in power mode.

Also use the UD Bellus RTA and Boreas RTA regularly. They all put out great flavor.

Reactions: Eskie

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I was looking at the Cubis for a while (I am assuming you mean the mod), and I heard that some tanks had issues fitting on it correctly.

That is another worry of mine, if certain tanks will fit on certain mods without overhang or wobble. One reason why I did buy a kit to begin with.

EDIT: And I guess the Cubis is the tank and the Cuboid is the base ... whoops. My friend has a Cubis tank and he says he likes it. Only thing I don't like, is it looks like it is a single coil only RBA. Maybe I should say screw it and just buy 3 tanks, a couple mods and a bunch of batteries.

The FDA is giving me a pretty crappy present on my birthday (the 8th of August) ...

No I was thinking of cuboid mod. Cuboid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Wait for the new Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 TC Mod. They just updated the board the 510 pin to gold, And whatever else I don't know, but It's new and 200 watts of power for 50 bucks.
Again, Wismec will never get another dime of my money! Look up some of the threads on here about their customer service, or total lack of it!
The Kayfun v5 is a DL RTA. Watch any of the You Tube reviews and you'll see what I mean; plus I have one and I'm a MTL Vaper and really was disappointed with the DL open draw of the KFv5. I expected a larger version of the KFMv3. Oh well they have come out with a retro kit to make it a tighter draw and MTL Vape though. But right out of the Box it's a D/L Vape. Surprise, Surprise!:lol::D:?:
Thank you for the clarification! Sorry about my assumption.
No it is certainly not; MTL as I stated is like smoking a Cigarette. Don't believe me look it up again ;)
Correct!

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Again, Wismec will never get another dime of my money! Look up some of the threads on here about their customer service, or total lack of it!

Correct!
No worries that is why we're all here to help keep each other straight. My pleasure. You'll have your turn to help keep me straight;)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
My thoughts on your original list would be the Ipower and a limitless rdta.
The I power is getting really good reviews for performance and battery life. But it is not swappable batteries.
I have the original limitless rdta and love it. The new plus is supposed to be better.
With the limitless building and wicking is a breeze, and flavor is tremendous. I have many rta and rdta and have all but retired them since getting my limitless. Imho that would be an awesome combo.
Just my :2c:, good luck.:thumb:

Reactions: MC Vape

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
My thoughts on your original list would be the Ipower and a limitless rdta.
The I power is getting really good reviews for performance and battery life. But it is not swappable batteries.
I have the original limitless rdta and love it. The new plus is supposed to be better.
With the limitless building and wicking is a breeze, and flavor is tremendous. I have many rta and rdta and have all but retired them since getting my limitless. Imho that would be an awesome combo.
Just my :2c:, good luck.:thumb:

Can you build regular kanthal coil in limitless instead those crazy twisted and clapton coils? And can you make it single instead of dual coil? Thanks

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Can you build regular kanthal coil in limitless instead those crazy twisted and clapton coils? And can you make it single instead of dual coil? Thanks

I have the standard but will probably pick up the plus soon. I Like the Philips head screws etc..
The plus does have a single coil adapter included. And you can use any wire honestly, but the diameter of the coil will matter. You could probably get away with 2.5mm but larger is better so you have enough cotton to fill the juice well. I'll link Daniel's video he shows it pretty well.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I have the standard but will probably pick up the plus soon. I Like the Philips head screws etc..
The plus does have a single coil adapter included. And you can use any wire honestly, but the diameter of the coil will matter. You could probably get away with 2.5mm but larger is better so you have enough cotton to fill the juice well. I'll link Daniel's video he shows it pretty well.

Thank you

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA

Correct!
ARen't you supposed to go through the company that sold it to you? That's what I do, and they always replace my items. Being nice goes a long way these day's. I think my RX200S is pretty great. I haven't had an issue yet and have had it over a month so far. I will look for some stuff on their customer service. Sorry to hear that.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
ARen't you supposed to go through the company that sold it to you? That's what I do, and they always replace my items. Being nice goes a long way these day's. I think my RX200S is pretty great. I haven't had an issue yet and have had it over a month so far. I will look for some stuff on their customer service. Sorry to hear that.
The problems I had happened after a week or so and weren't the vendors issue. I bought a Theorum atty and had problems with the glass breaking, another well documented problem. I contacted Wismec to merely make them aware of the problem, didn't ask for replacements, didn't whine, just wanted them to be aware of it. From their response, I gather they just don't give a crap! I'm seeing from other members here they aren't even responding to most emails anymore!
The 510 connection was a well known issue on the rx200 and most thought they would improve it, like they did with the DNA versions, but they didn't.
Please feel free to spend your money as you wish, that's your choice, but this isn't a company I'll support with my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread