What nicotine strength do you use and what PG/VG ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
I am curious to learn how others prefer there juices. When I started vaping I was using 24mg nicotine with an 80pg/20vg ratio. After a month I switched to a 50/50 ratio and a month after that I dropped down to 24mg.

My ideal juices right now are 18mg with either 100% VG or 20PG/80VG ratio. Using a VV/VW and airflow controls still allow me to get a throat hit without too much PG which is Perfecto mundo for my :vapor: needs!

What about you guys?

Edit - we already have 2 pages of replies and I thought I would add this question: How much did you smoke a day prior to vaping? I was 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Red 100's a day. And from what I'm reading so far from your answers, congratulations to all of you!

Last edited:

reogrand

Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I started vaping in 2009 and most juices were 100% PG. The PG simply tore me up, dried out my lips, made my throat hurt, raspy voice. But it was better than smoking. Totally Wicked opened a B&M near me and then I had access to more stuff. I started vaping 36mg on a e-go device, joyetech stuff. Shortly, I went down to 24mg and then 18mg, and stayed there for 2 years. Even though I was and still am sensitive to PG, I vape it as I don't mix anymore. It's too time consuming and there are great companies making juice now. Rebuilding coils takes up enough time :p

I prefer juices high in VG, but can do 50/50. I vape 6mg only, and the reason is hardware. When I was using Reos exclusively (still much love), and using 510 and 901 attys, 18mg was perfect. As soon as I got into rebuildables, 18mg was WAY too much. Now, using a RTA like the Kayfun, 6mg is the max for me. When dripping, especially on a high wattage setup, 3mg is max. The amount of vapor produced makes the delivery of nicotine more to your system, and less nicotine is needed. The flavor from a good rebuildable atty also blows the old school 510 and 901s out of the water IMO.

I would prefer 100% VG juice, but if you do the research, you will find most flavorings are PG based, so it's hard to avoid entirely. I found out over time that I am sensitive to flavorings also, such as cinnamon and anise. YMMV. I just embraced the fact that PG was part of the deal, and some of my fav juices are 50/50, I just have to use them in moderation. In a perfect world, for me, it would be 10 pg/90 vg, 6mg, and killer flavor - frankly, that's like finding a unicorn ;)

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
With my first setup (Vision Spinner with a Kanger EVOD) I was using 70pg/30vg and 60pg/40vg at 18mg. Now that I'm using a Mini Kanger Protank 2 and an iTaste MVP 2.0 18mg is way too strong so I've gone down to 12mg..I'm still using 70pg/30vg liquid. I tried a 40pg/60vg liquid...tasted weird and it felt like it left a coating in my mouth and throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread