Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
1.5 is NOT best with every device. Different devices run at different voltages. An ego type battery runs around 3.3 to 3.4 and you should use attys/cartomizers that are between 1.7 and 2.4. No higher. The Volt X2 runs at 3.6 regulated...they are happier with cartomizers that are at least 2ohm up to 2.8 ohm. Variable voltage can take higher ohm...3ohm and even more. You just have to set your voltage for at least 3.7 and work your way up to the sweet spot.

There is no "best"....it depends on your battery, and on your atomizer and on your juice.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Anything below 2 ohms and no higher than 3 ohms. 3.6 volts will give you 7 watts not knowing the voltage drop across the resistor and LED. They didn't list the ohms rating on the resistor. You have to factor that in. THE formula is volts squared divided by desired wattage equals ohms.
Her is a Xl spread sheet that will do the calculations for you.
View attachment 138321
Here is an updated chart.
http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/delanos53/?action=view&current=vapingchart_zpsa7e4c921.jpg
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to build this? I put this here cause I am a beginner as very much a noob. Please don't say, "standard" cause I have no idea what that means.

Big Mac

You probably want either 1.5ohms or 2.0 ohms. My first choice for attys at this point won't work…it's connector is sealed, so it doesn't work on bottom-feeder devices like that.

I'd consider basically any 510 from avidvaper as long as it doesn't have a sealed connector…and try a few from 1.5 to 2 ohms. If that's too hot, go higher.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
1.5 is NOT best with every device. Different devices run at different voltages. An ego type battery runs around 3.3 to 3.4 and you should use attys/cartomizers that are between 1.7 and 2.4. No higher. The Volt X2 runs at 3.6 regulated...they are happier with cartomizers that are at least 2ohm up to 2.8 ohm. Variable voltage can take higher ohm...3ohm and even more. You just have to set your voltage for at least 3.7 and work your way up to the sweet spot.

There is no "best"....it depends on your battery, and on your atomizer and on your juice.

You are right !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread