• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

what ohm cartomizer to use on ego c twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock83

Jan 3, 2013
canada
Hi,

I wanted to know what type of ohm cartomizer (LR vs SR vs HR) and which coil (single/double) was appropriate to use on the joyetech ego c twist (650 mah). I am planning to buy the genuine starter kit from canvape, but wanted to know what other options were available with this type of battery. I feel as though all the accessories that come with the kit are rather big and may not be easily carried throughout the day so that is why I was also thinking of buying some cartomizers I could fill and use while on the go. As well is there any other attachment I need with/for the cartomizer to use with the 650 mah battery?

Are these boge cartomizers good quality??

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I use Kanger single horizontal bottom coil cartos rated at 2.8 ohms on my Twists.

You will need to get a cone to go over the carto, if it isn't included in the kit.

Boge cartos are great. Just be sure to keep them topped off, as they can run dry on you in a hurry, and once they are burnt, there is no saving them.

Last edited:

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
Are you looking at the $50 or $100 one? I was also wondering what you meant by the easy to carry part of your statement? As carto's are great in a tank or bottom feeder, there is not much love for them as a stand alone.

On a twist if I remember correctly is 3.2 volts to 4.7 volts which would allow you to go both LR or SR, I would also say stay away from HR. You can go dual coil just remember you will be splitting the volts in two (Aka quick draining your battery).

Size wise the kangers and smaller nova tanks that come with the $100 kit are not going to be much bigger than a xl carto and they will hold alot more usable juice.

Other things to consider:
If size is not that big of a deal you might want to think about the upgrade to the 1000mah battery's as they should last almost twice as long.

Yes Boge carto's are good but you always run the risk of getting some DOA's.

The kit you are looking at will have you covered.

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
Am I allowed to ask about a specific website where I want to but cartos from for the ego c twist?
Also can someone give me an explanation about LR SR HR and single and dual coils? so much to learn!!

Err I don't see why not.

Basic over view of the LR SR HR, is the heat produced by the heating element and the volts to do it. LR is good for standard 3.4(7) volt batteries that run on a single setting. SR allows you to run a higher voltage without burning the juice and find your sweet spot for you. HR allows you to run even higher voltage.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
is it better to use a cartomizer with this battery or an atomizer. I was thinking a cartomizer because there are less parts to buy???

If you purchase an atty only you will need a cartridge,,,but most include a cartridge. Or you can use the atty for dripping only.

There are so many products on the market, I can't tell you what you really need. If you get a carto or atty with cartridge the resistance of it should be LR / SR.

You need to purchase several different types and figure out what works best for you. Regardless of what you get you need to purchase based on several factors including resistance of the carto/clearo/atty.

Nubbie is steering you in the right direction, get the kit from CV.

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I agree with Nubbie.

Being you have a voltage range of 3.2v to 4.8v, you will have a better range with SR or HR to find that sweet spot. You will also avoid the dilema of having your Twist set on high and swapping a HR to say a LR clearo/carto, and getting a burnt taste(nasty) or even popping the coil. LR is best left for fixed voltages - 3.4v to 3.7v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread