What other mods do Provari owners use/love

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardust.hero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
FL
I'm pretty partial to my Provari but that's because it's all I know. What selection do my fellow Provari loves have going on in the mix?

BTW just bought a new v2.5 black with blue LED in the classifieds section. So excited to have a 2nd Provari!

I see all these other mods available and some are priced pretty closely to the Provari. What do you guys have other than your Provari that you love/think is equevalant?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I don't think I will have the patience to do rba's, as much as I respect the mechanical devices and the people that wrap their own coils I don't know if I will go that route. I like to keep things simple and uncluttered but there are other devices I use now. (I don't like to have stuff I don't use).

I got rid of all of my eGo twists and cigalikes but I now have a gaggle of 14mm automatic devices to cover two roles. One for easier portability, and for hands free usage. I am really liking the smaller form factor for pocket carry. It is not a Provari but it fills a niche that the Provari cannot fill.

Automatic eGo 510 Battery I am really liking these, auto switches have improved a lot recently it seems.

I am going to go further backwards in my evolution and get five cigalike batteries for a really really small solution again. I will have a love hate relationship with them but they are very portable.

For even smaller yet I am

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first mods were an AltSmoke BB and Silver Bullet. Next got a v2 full size Provari.

I wanted a V-V mod that was shorter and lighter than the Provari for out-and-about use. Tried a Smoktech V-V Gripper; nice performing mod and great form factor, but the build quality sucks. First one's buttons fell into the mod, was still under warranty so was replaced. Next got a Segelei Ovale V8. Also a nice performing mod and better build quality than the V-V Gripper. Still, I found myself still grabbing the Provari when going out of the house. There's just no comparison once you've used one.

For my one year smoke-free anniversary, I gifted myself with a v2.5 Mini Provari, which is what I should have gotten all along for my out-and-about needs. Together, the two Provari's get 90% of my vaping attention.

I recently got a Smoktech Gripper (the $16 single voltage unit) for stealth vaping and atty dripping. I also wanted to try a bottom feeder mod, and purchased a Vapage VMod XL. It provides a nice vape and is very pocket-worthy, so it's beginning to see more use.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I had an Anyvape CVI (liked how it handled ego threaded devices) but it broke. Occasionally I use a Volt with a CE3 when I want the cig form factor (which isn't very often).

Now it's the Provari mini 99% of the time. When I'm doing something exceedingly messy I use an old Kgo that I don't mind getting paint or grease splatters on. In 350 mode it's extremely pocketable and with my tatroe ring I can also use the 490 and 650 batteries. Just a great all in one system that does everything I want.

Last edited:

stardust.hero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
FL
I checked out everyones suggestions and it seems like the majority also like box mods. I'm not really looking for something to substitute as I will probably be using the Provari 99% of the time regardless I just wanted to give something of equal functionality/duability a try. The mini and the regular would fit the roles I need in almost any situation.

I've had my eye on the Billet Box (my dads a CNC machinist so I thought it was awesome that the guy who created it who was a machinist was vaping one day and decided to create his own design.) I also love the way the Billet looks. The Bogger looks wicked too.

I was supposed to be buying a mini in the classifieds section but ended up buying another full size. Now back to square one.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
In purchase order:

1. 2 of Joyetech Ego-C Twist
2. ProVari Mini 2.5
3. ProVari Mini 2.5 and Sigelei Zmax Tele Flat Top
4. Puresmoker Legacy
5. Super T Precise ELA
6. Atmomixani Nemesis VW

As with the ProVari, I admire the design and build quality of my mechs. The mechs are all used with a Kick.

The Sig Zmax is an excellent regulated device for my outdoor activities.

- Andy

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I checked out everyones suggestions and it seems like the majority also like box mods. I'm not really looking for something to substitute as I will probably be using the Provari 99% of the time regardless I just wanted to give something of equal functionality/duability a try. The mini and the regular would fit the roles I need in almost any situation.

I've had my eye on the Billet Box (my dads a CNC machinist so I thought it was awesome that the guy who created it who was a machinist was vaping one day and decided to create his own design.) I also love the way the Billet looks. The Bogger looks wicked too.

I was supposed to be buying a mini in the classifieds section but ended up buying another full size. Now back to square one.

Is the Provari ever too big and heavy for your activity? I maybe should not have posted because the other stuff I am getting is not a love thing. It is so I can vape when doing things where the Provari is not practical.

I got rid of my cigalikes in almost the same month I got them. I am starting to think that I shold get a few cigalike batteries and load up some cartos even though I might not ever use them. Cigalikes might be good for the 10 minute short trip type situation.

It would not be out of love for cigalikes if I get set up again. It would be a possibly practical thing for short trips and possibly to just have one live in my pocket unused until for some reason it makes sense to use it. The cigalike would be my conditional just in case I need it device.

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Nothing beats my Provari and my Caravela:2cool:
IMG_20130521_185943_zpsd720e015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.