What Precentage Phosphoric Acid For Atomizer Soak

Status
Not open for further replies.

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke
have not lost any myself yet, but have only been vaping a little over 3 months, have cleaned all 5 oh 1/2 dozen times each no problems yet.

As for any minuscule trace amount of the acid that just may be left after long rinse, followed by extended soak in large volume distilled water, then a steam clean well after 35 years of 2+ packs a day, decades sucking exhaust sharing the road with cages, years of foundry, heat treating and casting fumes, burning oil, 48 years of inhaling the polluted atmosphere of our sphere, a goodly quantity of less than good for one things did for fun back in the day, and a bevy of things and events that could of and should of widowed me of this world... is not something I am really concerned about. Hades man, just rounded the bend, crested the hill and on the last ever diminishing league of Existence's highway anyhoo haha.

To remove carbon build up on the coil, there are only a couple proven methods as outlined by Sunvaporer :)

"When people say "I clean My atomizer with XYZ and it appears to work great", that really means "I rinse my atomizer to clear out excess e-liquid and flavor. There are only three know ways to actually clean the residue from an atomizer.

There is a big difference between washing off the atomizer and actually removing the residual.

After taking apart over 50 working atomizers to see what actually works and what is just pure fiction, we found:

(1) Dry burn for 15 second;

(2) Wet burn with Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 seconds;

(3) High Precentage phosphoric acid soak with a long rise.

The first one carries no risks, the 2nd and 3rd carry risk for the simple reason that you never know if you have washed out all the solution from the atomizer and you do not want to inhale any residual of the cleaning solutions.

The use of boiling, lemon juice, denture cleaner, waterpicks, vinegar, backing soda, alcohol, etc, all will clear out excess e-liquid and dillute a left over flavor, but simply will not remove and "clean" built up residual from the atomizer."

Sun

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I only use Hydrogen Peroxide...I will not use any acids, ice cleaners etc.

For the cost of a atomizer ($7.00) I'm willing to make the investment.

I have a 901 right now that is over 4 months old and works well. When it gets bad or does not work I will throw it in a box and use a new one. Why risk any other harmful chemicals in my lungs.

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
Drinking a mild solution of phosphoirc acid mixed with larger ingredients cold is not the same as inhaling the heated reminents into your lungs.Phosphoric acid is many times stronger heated. It leaves an acid residue. Try idpping stainless steel in it and allow it to dry. There you will see the grey film left on the test product. Then try to wash it off with runnunig water and let dry. you will see the film persists. On a coil that may have residue that has not been eliminated, the acid will soak in and the next time you vape could be unpleasant.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
have not lost any myself yet, but have only been vaping a little over 3 months, have cleaned all 5 oh 1/2 dozen times each no problems yet.

As for any minuscule trace amount of the acid that just may be left after long rinse, followed by extended soak in large volume distilled water, then a steam clean well after 35 years of 2+ packs a day, decades sucking exhaust sharing the road with cages,

OT: what do you ride?

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Drinking a mild solution of phosphoirc acid mixed with larger ingredients cold is not the same as inhaling the heated reminents into your lungs.Phosphoric acid is many times stronger heated. It leaves an acid residue. Try idpping stainless steel in it and allow it to dry. There you will see the grey film left on the test product. Then try to wash it off with runnunig water and let dry. you will see the film persists. On a coil that may have residue that has not been eliminated, the acid will soak in and the next time you vape could be unpleasant.
The remnant you speak of is not an acid residue, it's iron phosphate (a salt), known under the trade name as Parkerized steel. It's a layer of phosphated iron that's chemically bonded to the underlying "pure" iron in steel. It's not a residue of phosphoric acid, and is not readily water soluble (nor is it soluble in PG, VG or PGA). You ingest vastly more phosphoric acid in a Coke than what would be left in an atomizer after even the most rudimentary water rinsing.

Last edited:

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke
Dang, did not mean to start a bar fight heh, but thanks for all the input, the link for the food grade stuff, am gonna try in a couple weeks, as current batch of atties are fading, and the Peroxide boil sometime later.

(What do you ride) And due to a few blown discs and damaged nerves down there, have gone light a late 84 xlx, last production run of the ironhead 1000, though currently not running and under a tarp (no garage) 1" pull back risers, buckhorns a 4 - 5 gal bigtwin tank forget which/what was years ago may have my nostalgia cycle packing list around somewhere and a low sitting seat also from Nostalgia, Full Front fender off a 74 shorty, PPG Raven Black on the Tank and Fenders, Toyota Blue Grey frame and covers...spent alot time bead blasting the primary, cam and sprocket covers prior to paint...but powder coat next time.

And am home bound a good portion of the time, so her being down is not a huge issue, but on good days especially when shi(t)e weighs heavy on the head, getting the in wind would be grand, rode all year round back home in the Windy and when ever the roads were clear nuff here in the Northwoods... dream is to ride the entire length and breadth of Erin, pausing at the graves of Connolly, Larkin, McCann and Sands... should done that in younger and more prosperous times, as is pretty much a pipe dream in these times...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread