What range of Wattage and Amps should my eCig push if I want to sub-ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Just like the Title says. I don't need some crazy full size IPV3 able to run 150 Watts to experience sub-ohm drippers and clearos?

Can I get an Aspire Sub-Ohm, or even the IPV3 Mini to do the job. Also any suggestions would be welcomed. However I did notice the Aspire Sub-Ohm can run at 40 Amps. The other version of the same battery where you use your own battery it just depends on the battery you buy and use.

Thank you in advanced. Ya leave a forum for six or eight months and so much has changed. I would like to try dripping but it appears ya use a lot of juice throughout the day. Also I like rebuilding my own coils so save money. I use too rebuild my single coil Kanger ProTanks with old wire believe it or not - just use your thumb and finger nail to scrape off the old caked on, burnt on juice and recoil it and it would still work. You can do a lot when you are low on money and put your money too it.

Bottom line, I imagine one doesn't really need to go much further than 30 to 50 Watts for pushing sub-ohm builds.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Just like the Title says. I don't need some crazy full size IPV3 able to run 150 Watts to experience sub-ohm drippers and clearos?
No... with the right wire gauge and resistance, 30 watts can do quite a bit. With a higher wattage (be it mech or APV) output however, you can:
  • Delve deeper into low sub-ohm values.
  • Use thicker gauge wire... which is always preferable for the process of coil building, and build longevity.
  • Choose a broader range of build possibilities, including higher radiant heat values, and higher juice consumption... if you so choose.
I would like to try dripping but it appears ya use a lot of juice throughout the day.
That's pretty subjective... know one knows but you, what your needs are.

Bottom line, I imagine one doesn't really need to go much further than 30 to 50 Watts for pushing sub-ohm builds.
Entirely your call. You can build nicely warm, flavor biased, sub-ohm with 30 watts... 150 watts... 300 watts... and what ever they come out with by next Tuesday. :laugh:
The builds can all be matched to the wattage (and visa versa) for best performance, within those parameters.

Click on all three of the sigline hyperlinks below... read it all until your head hurts. PM me if you have questions. ;-)

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
70 to 80 watts eh? I would say that the standard ecigs should push a lot of watts and have a good 20 amps; due to sub-ohms now.I mean how well would a first generation Provari push a Kanger Sub Tank at .5 ohms?Is it the wattage you need or the Amps you need to push a sub-ohm device?

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Steam engine as State O Flux said:
0.5ohms @ 4.2v (max battery charge) is 35w @8.4amps
So I would suggest going 40+w to get a satisfying vape out of it:
0.5ohms @ 5v is 60.5w @ 11amps
Reading your initial post leads me to believe you dont understand the relationship between watts, resistance, amps... should probably research some ohms law.
0.5ohms @ 20amps is 10v and 200w (now THAT is vaping your face off!)

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Steam engine as State O Flux said:
0.5ohms @ 4.2v (max battery charge) is 35w @8.4amps
So I would suggest going 40+w to get a satisfying vape out of it:
0.5ohms @ 5v is 60.5w @ 11amps
Reading your initial post leads me to believe you dont understand the relationship between watts, resistance, amps... should probably research some ohms law.
0.5ohms @ 20amps is 10v and 200w (now THAT is vaping your face off!)

I've been brushing up lately. I didn't have the pleasure of taking an electronics class in high school - Class was Cancelled the year I wanted to take it. But I have been reading up on the subject and I am a a Wiz at Algebra Tutoring for about 10 years while going to college off and on. What I'm doing now is digging into a cell's C rating and such and wrapping my head around that subject. There is more than just Resistance, Voltage and Current when it comes to our little hobby.

Hear about the poor ....... who had an E-Cig Blow-Up in his face. I can only think of bad press because if it is bound to happen to someone who is vaping Two 40 AMP Cell's in Parallel at .1 Ohms for a consecutive three hours. Well it's bound to happen to that poor ....... who is in those stupid dip-54!7 BLUE e-Cig commercials with his BLUE e-Cig right?

Oh and one more thing, thank god for Coil Wrapping Jigs - Hallelujah!

But thanks to HecticEnergy there were a few holes in my knowledge and plan on taking a rudimentary electronics course, a long with a tool and die, Lathe and millings, course at the local JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread