What RDA should I pick? Can't decide, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
My local online shop has some rda's on sale for bargain. I've already picked two: Sahara rda by 3cvape and Capstone rda by Vandy Vape. I want to buy a 3rd atty to qualify for free shipping: I've narrowed down my selection to 3 but I'm having a really hard time to choose:

1. Vice RDA by Asmodus

2. Profile RDA by Wotofo

3. Occula RDA by Augvape

I'm going to squonk, for now single 21700 battery mod but planning to upgrade to a twin battery squonk mod. I'm mostly after flavor, don't need massive clouds as long as the vape is tasty. I'm currently using single vertical Timesvape Reverie atty- really like the flavor, don't like the design: everything is just too loose: drip tip comes off easily, top cap spins almost freely so almost all the time I need to check the airflow and adjust configuration. I have a silicone drip tip cap, when I take it off it often comes off together with the drip tip, or both fall off in my pocket... I need something more practical for work

Happy to hear any suggestions, thanks

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    My local online shop has some RDA's on sale for bargain. I've already picked two: Sahara RDA by 3cvape and Capstone RDA by Vandy Vape. I want to buy a 3rd atty to qualify for free shipping: I've narrowed down my selection to 3 but I'm having a really hard time to choose:

1. Vice RDA by Asmodus

2. Profile RDA by Wotofo

3. Occula RDA by Augvape

I'm going to squonk, for now single 21700 battery mod but planning to upgrade to a twin battery squonk mod. I'm mostly after flavor, don't need massive clouds as long as the vape is tasty. I'm currently using single vertical Timesvape Reverie atty- really like the flavor, don't like the design: everything is just too loose: drip tip comes off easily, top cap spins almost freely so almost all the time I need to check the airflow and adjust configuration. I have a silicone drip tip cap, when I take it off it often comes off together with the drip tip, or both fall off in my pocket... I need something more practical for work

Occula RDA if you want a dual coil flavour banger or Profile RDA if you want a single mesh coil/single wire coil flavour banger :thumbs:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    My local online shop has some RDA's on sale for bargain. I've already picked two: Sahara RDA by 3cvape and Capstone RDA by Vandy Vape. I want to buy a 3rd atty to qualify for free shipping: I've narrowed down my selection to 3 but I'm having a really hard time to choose:

1. Vice RDA by Asmodus

2. Profile RDA by Wotofo

3. Occula RDA by Augvape

I'm going to be difficult and pick a different one:w00t:
    It's gotta be No.1 The Asmodus Vice RDA for me;)
    I have two and they are very nice RDA's that will give you an abundance of flavour:thumb:

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Thanks guys. Like Mordacai said, I did some more research. Finally made up my mind and ordered Occula RDA (sorry to disappoint you @Daniel Forsyth ). I also noticed they had Wotofo Elder Dragon on sale, which I missed earlier, so got that one as well. So 4 new tanks are on their way haha :D I initially wanted one :O

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    A Steam Crave Ragnar or Aromamiser Plus V2 RDTA should have just kind of fell into your cart at the same time then @PeterKay, as they're convertibles. They're well worth looking into, as you get a lot of different deck options.
    Sounds good, however I've spent enough over the past 2 days, 4 RDA's and that hadron kit are coming my way. I'll wait for a good offer on the 2 tanks you mentioned, if I see them somewhere at a reasonable price then I'll go for one of these :)

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 29, 2015
    georgia
    I just picked up the “original recipe” recoil RDA from Grimm and OhmboyOC. I had a bit of nostalgia hit me and I was thinking I needed at least one dual coil RDA in the ole cabinet. Comes squonk ready (originally didn’t when released). Killer vape. Plus it was around $40 total with the 25% off coupon on Ohmboy’s website with squonk post and pin. Fit and finish is as good as my high end singles. And, I’m addicted to putting the top cap on (the click is so satisfying).

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I just picked up the “original recipe” recoil RDA from Grimm and OhmboyOC. I had a bit of nostalgia hit me and I was thinking I needed at least one dual coil RDA in the ole cabinet. Comes squonk ready (originally didn’t when released). Killer vape. Plus it was around $40 total with the 25% off coupon on Ohmboy’s website with squonk post and pin. Fit and finish is as good as my high end singles. And, I’m addicted to putting the top cap on (the click is so satisfying).
    Nice, I will look into it in the future. So many out there. All the ones I ordered arrived, so far I've tried only one: Sahara RDA by 3cvape/geekq8. I popped in some staircase coils, ohmed out at 0.10. I'm vaping at 74W, I went all the way up to 90W but at 90 my pico squeeze 2 was struggling, was getting way too hot and the battery wasn't keeping up so I went down. Smooth airflow, really good flavor, vapor production not so great but I imagine it's because of the wattage, just not enough to get these coils going properly but I can live with that until my hadron mod arrives.
    A bit of a pain to build but hey, I can do it once a month or 2 months. I paid 4.99£ which is just over 6$. Bargain for what it is!

Reactions: Mordacai

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I think that AVB is optomistic with its rating @PeterKay, the Molicell P42A though seems to be a great option according to @Mooch in his tests.

Molicel P42A 21700 Battery
    When I consider that it was a freebie (got it inside the pico squeeze 2- I wasn't even aware that they would send it) I can accept the slight optimism hehe

Thanks for the link, seems like a really good deal compared to my research so far, I assume you ordered from that site before?

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Yes, I've ordered from them before @PeterKay. They're one of the reputable places to get batteries or cells from.

You can use this code for a discount.

AMPS+5

It'll knock £1.60 off the price of 2 cells, and they may well include an extra battery case for free. Or at least they used to.
    I have something for you as well. Check out this site man, I already ordered 3 times from them and always spot on, don't have any promo codes but if you see their prices in sale section you should still be satisfied, few nice tanks on sale out there but look up other sections:
    https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/sale/tanks

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I know Evolution Vaping well, they have some great deals on clearance items.

Another good couple for you@PeterKay, are Vapetime (UK) and Le Petit Vapoteur (France). Le Petit Vapoteur are very good if you're looking for something that isn't TPD compliant or higher end, but be warned you can easily make your card melt from overuse.

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither

1. Vice RDA by Asmodus

2. Profile RDA by Wotofo

3. Occula RDA by Augvape

Easy choice from those three for me... the mesh 'coil' Wotofo Profile RDA's and RTA's are among the very best flavor atty's I ever used. The early mess atty's could be dragons if not built correctly. But the change to a spring loaded deck design that Wotofo came out with made their mesh RDA's and RTA's as easy as the build gets in these dragons, so easy that anybody should get it right first try. There are lots of stand alone threads on ECF about these dragons that reveal every detail about building them.

A recent related post i made: This is a copy and paste of it with a minor typo edit...

>>>I'm out of touch what gear is available since I stopped vaping last fall. That said, the last two years plus that I vaped (within 2017 to 2019) I only vaped fire breathing dragons with sub ohm builds (.12Ω-.18Ω)... 29 mesh RDA's and RTA's. The RDA's: Digiflavor Mesh Pro's, Wotofo Profile's, Vandy Vape Mesh, and Wotofo Profile Unity RTA's. Each of them had a dedicated DIY liquid they always vaped and were ran on specific mods that were in my ever changing rotations of 6-12 at a time. The mods: mech Reo P67's and DripTech DS's, and for regulated mostly Sigelei 213's, Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 213's, an Athena Pride 75, Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2's, and Dovpo Topside's. As a group these 29 dragon setups were by far the best DL flavor vapes I enjoyed during my entire tenure in vaping.

My all time favorite mech mods were the Reo P67's and Reo 2015 Woodvil's (altogether I acquired 26 metal Reos and 11 Woodvils). I have a lot of other regulated mods but regulated was not as much my thing as the mech's were. But those listed above served me well enough though.

With the closure of most of the manufactures that I supported and the massive exodus of the folks I knew on their ECF forums who drifted away I lost interest in vaping and eventually stopped vaping and stopping in at ECF for the most part around 9 months ago. So I will never vape again, but it was a fun ride 20-24 hours a day every day while it lasted.

Trust the science (not the politics) and stay safe folks.

A starting place for more info about the Profiles...
    I plan on buying a Profile mesh RDA have a few questions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread