The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What resistance is the default Halo Triton coil?

Discussion in 'Halo' started by weskeene, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. weskeene

weskeene Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    I'm going to buy some extra coils/heads, per another thread, and it gives me an ohm option. I'm not sure what to pick, what I want is more of exactly what came with my unit.

Wes

2. Penguins17

Penguins17 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I beleive it is the 2.2 - 2.4 (what comes with the kit), but I am new to this as weel so please don't rely on my answer. I read it somewhere on here though, keep digging you might find an answer. Also, you could try the reviews about the coils on the halo site, I'm sure somebody had to have mentioned it.

3. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Thanks. I will poke around on their site, to see if the answers shows its head.

Wes

4. AmandaD

AmandaD Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2013
    So Cal
    Yes they are 2.2-2.4 ohms!

5. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it. I'm not 100% sure why Triton sells other options besides the default, since their magic seems to be matching the battery, the coil, and their amazing liquid. Anyway, thanks for straightening me out, I've got my order in.

Wes

6. Penguins17

Penguins17 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Well, they (halo) says the VV (variable voltage) battery works best with the highest resistence coil... the others I dont know, maybe for the mini-tanks or if you have a special battery, again not to sure since I'm still new to this vape game.

7. Evie Luv

Evie Luv ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I stick with the standard 2.2-2.4 ohms. I don't use the other ones but they are there if you prefer either warmer or cooler vaping. I'm not sure which is warmer or cooler though. And they are only for the Triton tanks.

8. Evie Luv

Evie Luv ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Okay I just checked and the lower the resistance coils the warmer they vape and the higher number the cooler they vape.

9. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi.
    The different resistance coils help if you don't have a VV, and you want to change the vape.

I'm not sure why Halo recommends the high coils for the VV. The regular 2.2 work fine. I guess if you had a juice you wanted really cold, you'd go high resistance, but on mine, 2.2 at the lowest stting is cold enough for me.

And for a given juice, you'd have to go higher volts to get the same vape with a higher ohm coil. No need for me; the 2.2 and the VV gives me from too cold, through the "sweet spot" to too hot, so my range is fine.

ps, and get a few replacement tips, and a second charger adaptor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.