What setup do you prefer to use in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
I'm just curious what everyone likes to use when they are driving or otherwise in public.

When I ordered my two Spinner batteries, I had intended them for home use only. I thought that I would stick to my Volts (cig-alikes) for public use (especially driving) to avoid unnecessary suspicion/negative attention. However I'm finding that after using the Spinners for about a week, I'm giving less of a crap than I thought I would, and have been happily vaping them while driving. :)

I still think if I saw a cop I would keep the Spinner out of sight though, for fear they might not know what it is and assume it something naughty. I also don't like the idea of coworkers seeing me with it when I am driving near work, for the same reason.

I have a feeling I will care less and less the more I keep on vaping and the more it catches on with the general public though.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Ummm, I'm way too old to give a hoot what anyone thinks....:evil:

Out and about, I've used Roughstacks with tanks, a 801 atty modded with a DOD (drip on demand) on a homemade box mod, box mods with all sorts of attys, cartos, clearos, full sized tanks and all variety of combinations thereof. :laugh:

Currently my favorite is a vivi-nova on top of a VV-Gripper, less ostentatious.
What can I say, must have mellowed as I aged....not likely.:2cool::vapor:

edit: my signature pretty much sums up my position....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ummm, I'm way too old to give a hoot what anyone thinks....:evil:

Hi Stosh

It isn't that I care about what people think. I gave that up about 25 Years ago. I just get tired of the same Constant Questions.

Is that an e-Cigarette?
Does it work?
How Much does it Cost?
Where did you get it?
Does it use Nicotine?
etc.

I get burned out answering those same question. A 400mAh Spinner with a CE2 is "Palm-able". And reduces the Question Askers to a Small Radius directly around me. Where as a 18650 Mod with a Tank seems to bring hem out of the Wood Work.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Hi Stosh

It isn't that I care about what people think. I gave that up about 25 Years ago. I just get tired of the same Constant Questions....

Is that an e-Cigarette? no, it's a personal electronic nicotine inhalation system

Does it work? See the vapor??

How Much does it Cost? Built it myself

Where did you get it? See above

Does it use Nicotine? Heck yes, or I would be strangling you by now for all your stupid questions

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For ease of carry, when I go out in public I usually take my cig-a-like gear. They are black or blue color, way longer than an analog, have blue glow tips and mini tanks on them... so don't look like an analog and don't put out huge clouds of vapor. They are tolerated just about anywhere I go, even by non smokers/vapers.

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
Maybe it's just the area I live in and the type of people I work with, but I can pretty much guarantee that most of them have never even seen an e-cigarette, let alone one that doesn't resemble an analog. I had never seen one myself until I ordered my Volt starter kit a couple of months ago.

Part of me feels like this is all the more reason for me to try to be more visible with it at times when I am feeling less inhibited- to expose people to it and maybe even spark a conversation about it.

Hopefully my paranoia will fade completely with time and I will end up as a chill badass like Stosh :laugh:

I am in the same boat. My workplace is pretty straight edge. I am the only person of the non-admins that used to go out to smoke. I got to know the admins real good over smoke breaks, all wicked nice people. The others in my department looked down on me for it. Its that kind of workplace.

I carry my 808D and cartos around at work. I do keep a 650 and 1.5 ml clearo in my briefcase though just in case I go out or something and meet up with friends. And if I'm all alone on a lunch break or something, I'll hit it before I go back to my desk.

I am in NYC and our back entrance is right next to the back entrance of a major piece of transportation hub/city landmark. So I run into the National Guard and NYPD guys back there all the time. They've seen me with my 650 setup and never said squat about it.

armoworrior

ECF Veteran
i used to use an itaste vv 3.0 then i changed that to a kts with a dripper. on the gulf coast people are so used to seeing them ill grab any one of my 4 devices and head out. last night it was a evic with a vision eternity also my private v2 with trident with pluid inside. same thing at work as well i just use what ever feel good for the day. the itaste is the smallest battery i have and i barely use it. the rest run 18650's

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
For work & just out & about its 1 of my Provari minis & a iclear 30... If I'm going to the bar & I mean just sitting at the bar & getting hammered then it's my itaste 134 wi a iclear 30 or a evod or smok aero tank cause it just looks cool & normally some hot girl will come over & ask me about it...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I ALWAYS have 2 Ego setups on me. Always 2.
They range from 900 to 1300 non-variable. Just ordered a Spinner/Twist/Winder (I forget which one).
At home, I use an SVD and a VAMO, but that stuff just doesn't carry well in a shirt or suit pocket!

On top - same thing: when out, any of a number of EVODS, T3Minis, or sometimes a MiniProTank (though with a 900 bigger Ego, that pokes out the top of a suit pocket, too. At home/office - ProTanks, MiniProtanks, and those same EVODS and T3's.

One of these days, I'll have to choose my next mod, and it'll probably be either a ProVari Mini or an MVP, either one with the thought that it MIGHT be portable...

Milkhoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Austin
I was self conscious the first few times I had my MVP out in public, but it only took me about a week to stop caring. I was probably the same way with my first ego, and I know way back when I first used a Blu in public it felt weird, with its obnoxious blue light. You can get used to anything. I did have someone this weekend say he thought I had an old school cell phone.

I'll take only my Twists if I'm going somewhere without a purse, and especially without pockets, but if I don't need to stash it in my bra I'm gonna take my good stuff everywhere. I'm still enough of a dork where I'm happy to explain what the hell it is, and despite the weight it fits so well in your hand.

cloudsUnderway

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
San Diego, CA
I'm completely opposite about the questions. I love answering people about these things because it may get another smoker to convert, and if that person isn't a smoker they may tell their friends about it. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

With the growing trend that ecigs are making, which is a double-edged sword, I don't think that you'd run into too much trouble with the authorities unless your vaping a ... liquid.

When I first started vaping on the smoke deck of the Navy Ship I am stationed on I would get Officers and Chiefs staring at me, but now that I've gotten a huge amount of smokers to switch over it has gotten pretty lax.

Last edited:

brian.tpa

Sep 13, 2013
Tampa area, FLA
I use my best kit every time, its why I upgraded. I suppose if I had a $100+ mod I might be more inclined to leave it home. For now my best piece is my MVP 2.0 and iclear30 or mini vivi and it goes everywhere I go (lol, I've only had it 2 days). I partly bought it for the durability factor, not really for looks. But, when walking around with the tank sticking up out of my pocket, it has been a conversation starter. Do what you do, if you're not doing anything wrong then no worries. just be happy and vape. Peace:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread