Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Almost any duel 18650 kit will do what you want. I've been looking at the revenger x.

I bought 4 Revenger Xs I love them so much. One is always my daily driver then I rotate with a dna or YiHi. But if I could only have one it would be the X.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
What do you like about it so much? Theres so many products to choose from im confused

That's like asking why you like one model or car over another when they're in the same class and price range.

They all operately similarly (i.e. you drive them), and they perform similarly (i.e. there's a speed limit); most of it comes down to things like aesthetics, features, or durability.

On the durability side it's not a smok, so that's great. It's fully featured like any other mod. It's not a Voopoo mod so it doesn't have that reputation, and aesthetically a lot of people find it beautiful.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
That's like asking why you like one model or car over another when they're in the same class and price range.

They all operately similarly (i.e. you drive them), and they perform similarly (i.e. there's a speed limit); most of it comes down to things like aesthetics, features, or durability.

On the durability side it's not a Smok, so that's great. It's fully featured like any other mod. It's not a Voopoo mod so it doesn't have that reputation, and aesthetically a lot of people find it beautiful.
Geekvape aegis really impressed me
Costs a bit more but seems like a safe bet

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
What do you like about it so much? Theres so many products to choose from im confused

I love the way it fits in my hand. It’s comfortable and solid feeling. I really like having the 510 pin centered on the tank. It’s big enough to take a 26mm tank. The Omni board menu system is really easy to learn and get into to adjust things. It does TC very well and I use that almost exclusively now. Plus I like the aesthetics.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
I love the way it fits in my hand. It’s comfortable and solid feeling. I really like having the 510 pin centered on the tank. It’s big enough to take a 26mm tank. The Omni board menu system is really easy to learn and get into to adjust things. It does TC very well and I use that almost exclusively now. Plus I like the aesthetics.
Oh dude it looks so awsome in bright blue
Do you have the kit ?
Theres a mini tank 2ml
And a bigger tank 5ml
Price is about the same on fastech so i guess i might pick the bigger tank kit

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Oh dude it looks so awsome in bright blue
Do you have the kit ?
Theres a mini tank 2ml
And a bigger tank 5ml
Price is about the same on fastech so i guess i might pick the bigger tank kit

I have every X color except Rainbow with the 5ml NRG tank which is still a top favorite of mine. The GT coils are fantastic for flavor and clouds.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
09B20A2B-7850-4968-9E6D-6655B3E653E2.jpeg
Yea thanks i think i will pick the blue one with the nrg tank
What battery should i buy for it ?

I use two of the Samsung 25Rs or the LG HG2 vaping between 40-55 watts. You’ll need at least 2. I bought for so I can use the mod while 2 are charging. Make sure you buy them from a reputable battery dealer. There are several listed in the Preferred Vendors forum.

Also there’s a great forum on batteries and battery chargers here as well.

Hope you enjoy it. The blue is really sweet look especially with the blue tank. That’s the 1st one I bought.

• Useful

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
View attachment 734525

I use two of the Samsung 25Rs or the LG HG2 vaping between 40-55 watts. You’ll need at least 2. I bought for so I can use the mod while 2 are charging. Make sure you buy them from a reputable battery dealer. There are several listed in the Preferred Vendors forum.

Also there’s a great forum on batteries and battery chargers here as well.

Hope you enjoy it. The blue is really sweet look especially with the blue tank. That’s the 1st one I bought.
I dont really know how many whats im gonna use the device on but i guess its gonna be around 60w
And im going to buy everything i need out of fastech cause i have my innokin t18 for now so i dont mind waiting

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
The Crown (from everything I hear) is well liked. If you can find an original Crown you do have the option of a MTL coil, which should/maybe give you a sense of what MTL is like. The Crown 3 seems to be well liked but I think the coil choices are all geared to sub0hm.

There should be no issues putting the crown on your mod, no. As long as the tank and the mod are both using a 510 connection system (which they kind of all are these days) and as long as your vape supports what you need, there shouldn't be any issues.

You can even get a small MTL tank to try and put it on that mod (with the caveat that some mods have lower wattage limits, like 10 watts as the "floor" and I'm not sure about smok, but 10 watts is probably low enough to run most MTL vapes, anyway. So, if you decide you want to try "MTL" stealth vaping, or whatever, you could just get a tank like the Nautilus 2. It's not expensive, you may love it or hate it, but it's an option for out and about if you don't want to be blowing huge clouds and everything and whatnot.

I'm glad I started out sub0hming and hated it, it pushed me to where *I* am happy-- MTL vaping. With that said, I usually tell new vapers to try both unless they are just supremely happy with everything on their setup, because you just never know until you try both, and I'm going to guess that many, many vapers have tried both and have figured out where their satisfaction "lies" and some of them are in situations where they may enjoy sub0hm more, but need a stealthier, less cloudier setup.

Anna
a little bit of an update and another question if you will
i tried my friend's OBS bat 220w starter kit with 0mg liquid and had time for only like 10 drags out of it...
as i said i have been using a mtl device - innokin t18 for a bit more than a month since i started vaping
and i dont know if i hated taking drags out of the dtl tank the obs had (i used it on 65w cause less than that would be like taking a big breath of air without too much vapor and more than that would be just too harsh)
but i didnt really like it either....
maybe i should go for a mtl tank instead ? then i would need to buy the mod and tank separately cause i cant find kits with mtl tanks...

what mtl tank are you suggesting ?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want something in the MTL arena, some of the more popular ones have "kits" of a sort. (As well as some of the more popular mods (although some of them, you might want the mod, rather than the entire kit.)

The Nautilus 2 tank (pretty tried and true, it is small capacity and has some quirks, but it's a decent option. I'd say its worst selling point is capacity (1.7 to the fill line, which you really don't want to overfill) and it uses the Nautilus coils which come in resistances of 1.8 (tightest draw) to 0.7 (slightly sub0hm so more vapor although really the tank is still set up as a MTL vape, most folks get a restricted lung hit or just more vapor MTL hit with that coil). You can get it with the Aspire Zelos mod, which is an internal battery but can come in 50W version or 75W version (with TC, although I'm not certain it does TC all that well). It's a small form factor, although not a pen.

Occasionally, you can find a "stick or tube" kit for the Ego One Mega V2, (the magic is in the coil on this one, you want to be using the Joytech CLR 1.0 coil in this kit) and they can be hard to find at times.. The Joytech CLR coil is a fantastic, flavorful vape and is very easy to rewick when needed or even recoil if needed. Coil life is good in these coils. You may have to search a bit to find one.

There's the "pico" mod which is also well liked by many new users, it too has a very small (although more boxy) form factor but it would be a fairly easy "pocket" mod (so would the zelos). If you want more MTL I would say to not buy the kit, but just the mod, as the Melo III is a bit more cloudy than you may necessarily want. The most recent version has an external, removable battery for charging. That may be something desirable for you, as typically internal batteries have a shelf life, although I should note that the "shelf life" varies during use, and some mods can really still last a long time. But, you will at some point need to expect your battery to "die" on you (will no longer hold charge) and at that point (unless you are an electronics expert and can/want to replace the battery, well.... With that said, some internal batteries can outlast mods with internal batteries as it's always possible for faults to occur, or "things" to happen which is usually why it's good to have at least one backup setup. Internal batteries can be useful IMO at times due to small form factor, designed for USB charging, etc. They may make a great "out and about all day" vape, although the same can be said for some removable battery mods.

I would also take a look at the Innoken Zenith, it's just an excellent, well designed vape, that offers some great features including an innovative topfill and just overall nice design. It's 4 ml capacity and it's not a supremely "thirsty" vape, while managing to be fairly "cloudy" in a sense (I'm not quite sure how it does that) and coil life is fantastic, although coils are priced to match that "awesomeness" but it is a very nice, reliable, MTL vape. Comes with two coils, the 0.8 or the 1.6. The 1.6 coil has a break in period for some where juices are a bit muted when it comes to the first few tankfuls, the 0.8 coil is said to be a monster out of the gate.

Good luck in finding something that suits your needs. There are some great two battery mods out there (or one battery) that won't be unnecessarily huge, like the Eleaf Invoke, which is about as small as some of my one battery mods, and almost as light. It's a really compact form factor and without sacrificing build quality (IMO). The only downside to using one (other than the cost of batteries and a charger) is that you will feel, at MTL wattages, like you never change your batteries. A two battery internal mod can BE a good investment in many ways, including the ability to move in the more sub0hm direction (although, you also don't have to go to 0.15 resistance to be "sub0hm" either, I use a few 0.5 resistance coils and tanks, but with my wattage and how I run my tank, I still am veering more to "MLT" or "restricted" lung hit, not a very cloudy lung hit and etc.

Okay, hope some of that helped but keep asking questions until you feel you "have it right" in a sense.

Good luck,

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: catilley1092

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
If you want something in the MTL arena, some of the more popular ones have "kits" of a sort. (As well as some of the more popular mods (although some of them, you might want the mod, rather than the entire kit.)

The Nautilus 2 tank (pretty tried and true, it is small capacity and has some quirks, but it's a decent option. I'd say its worst selling point is capacity (1.7 to the fill line, which you really don't want to overfill) and it uses the Nautilus coils which come in resistances of 1.8 (tightest draw) to 0.7 (slightly sub0hm so more vapor although really the tank is still set up as a MTL vape, most folks get a restricted lung hit or just more vapor MTL hit with that coil). You can get it with the Aspire Zelos mod, which is an internal battery but can come in 50W version or 75W version (with TC, although I'm not certain it does TC all that well). It's a small form factor, although not a pen.

Occasionally, you can find a "stick or tube" kit for the Ego One Mega V2, (the magic is in the coil on this one, you want to be using the Joytech CLR 1.0 coil in this kit) and they can be hard to find at times.. The Joytech CLR coil is a fantastic, flavorful vape and is very easy to rewick when needed or even recoil if needed. Coil life is good in these coils. You may have to search a bit to find one.

There's the "pico" mod which is also well liked by many new users, it too has a very small (although more boxy) form factor but it would be a fairly easy "pocket" mod (so would the zelos). If you want more MTL I would say to not buy the kit, but just the mod, as the Melo III is a bit more cloudy than you may necessarily want. The most recent version has an external, removable battery for charging. That may be something desirable for you, as typically internal batteries have a shelf life, although I should note that the "shelf life" varies during use, and some mods can really still last a long time. But, you will at some point need to expect your battery to "die" on you (will no longer hold charge) and at that point (unless you are an electronics expert and can/want to replace the battery, well.... With that said, some internal batteries can outlast mods with internal batteries as it's always possible for faults to occur, or "things" to happen which is usually why it's good to have at least one backup setup. Internal batteries can be useful IMO at times due to small form factor, designed for USB charging, etc. They may make a great "out and about all day" vape, although the same can be said for some removable battery mods.

I would also take a look at the Innoken Zenith, it's just an excellent, well designed vape, that offers some great features including an innovative topfill and just overall nice design. It's 4 ml capacity and it's not a supremely "thirsty" vape, while managing to be fairly "cloudy" in a sense (I'm not quite sure how it does that) and coil life is fantastic, although coils are priced to match that "awesomeness" but it is a very nice, reliable, MTL vape. Comes with two coils, the 0.8 or the 1.6. The 1.6 coil has a break in period for some where juices are a bit muted when it comes to the first few tankfuls, the 0.8 coil is said to be a monster out of the gate.

Good luck in finding something that suits your needs. There are some great two battery mods out there (or one battery) that won't be unnecessarily huge, like the Eleaf Invoke, which is about as small as some of my one battery mods, and almost as light. It's a really compact form factor and without sacrificing build quality (IMO). The only downside to using one (other than the cost of batteries and a charger) is that you will feel, at MTL wattages, like you never change your batteries. A two battery internal mod can BE a good investment in many ways, including the ability to move in the more sub0hm direction (although, you also don't have to go to 0.15 resistance to be "sub0hm" either, I use a few 0.5 resistance coils and tanks, but with my wattage and how I run my tank, I still am veering more to "MLT" or "restricted" lung hit, not a very cloudy lung hit and etc.

Okay, hope some of that helped but keep asking questions until you feel you "have it right" in a sense.

Good luck,

Anna
from looking on the products you suggested i feel like the smartest idea is to buy an eleaf invoke kit with the sub ohm tank and buy another mtl suited tank
i will just search the market to find the best one for me, im used to vaping 2.5 ml a day so 1.7 is gonna be a little low for me

Reactions: catilley1092

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I bought 4 Revenger Xs I love them so much. One is always my daily driver then I rotate with a DNA or YiHi. But if I could only have one it would be the X.

I have the Revenger X also, great mod, like the 'soft, normal & high' settings for each wattage range, and the coils can be reused several times by a 12 hour soak in Everclear (use grain alcohol only), it's a neat device.

Just ordered it's successor an hour ago with same NRG tank.:)

Switcher 220W Kit With NRG Tank - Vaporesso I Vape Hardware I Breazy.com

Since the shipping was free, chose the slightly higher priced Red/Blue LED version. By chance, if you order a mod with OLED lighting, be warned that having it on all the time eats into battery life, I usually keep mine turned off. This will extend vaping time by a lot, as much anything marked OLED uses more power.:(

It's still good for show though. Keep in mind quality when purchasing a mod, the Sigelei KAOS Spectrum (of which I have three) has screws that works loose & basically a wood screw with a TORX head. The worst part about it is that the model is all plastic there, if those screws becomes stripped, forget it. I contacted them & they refused to replace these, because they said I shouldn't had been 'tampering' with the screws.:(

What, they expect one not to tighten a loose screw. Sigelei should had known better than this, for a mod that's over $50 when not on promo, there should be metal inserts & using regular (not wood type) screws to secure the end where the tank sits. If there's a leak, then e-juice can leak into it, if not sealed somehow, I suppose a clear silicone caulk can do this, yet we shouldn't have to. So there's your warning on the Sigelei KAOS Spectrum box mod.:)

@ UrNsFace, Good Luck with your finding a new mod, the options are limitless!:thumbs:

Cat

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
from looking on the products you suggested i feel like the smartest idea is to buy an eleaf invoke kit with the sub ohm tank and buy another mtl suited tank
i will just search the market to find the best one for me, im used to vaping 2.5 ml a day so 1.7 is gonna be a little low for me

2.5 ml a day?:)

Wow, you vape a lot less than myself & many more here, I was using around that with my first eGo devices in late 2013. You surely don't need nor want a high powered mod nor tank, 2.5 ml will last no time in most any of these.

Just my opinion, you'd do good with a reliable brand eGo device with a good sized battery, based on your usage, even a medium powered mod will use more juice than that (when paired with a high powered tank). The coil itself will hold 1 ml or so. Or you can choose a mid range mod that'll allow you to use an adapter for a Kanger eGo (or similar type) tank, where you can turn down the wattage.

The good about that.....your batteries will last a long time, much more so than an eGo.:)

Cat

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
2.5 ml a day?:)

Wow, you vape a lot less than myself & many more here, I was using around that with my first eGo devices in late 2013. You surely don't need nor want a high powered mod nor tank, 2.5 ml will last no time in most any of these.

Just my opinion, you'd do good with a reliable brand eGo device with a good sized battery, based on your usage, even a medium powered mod will use more juice than that (when paired with a high powered tank). The coil itself will hold 1 ml or so. Or you can choose a mid range mod that'll allow you to use an adapter for a Kanger eGo (or similar type) tank, where you can turn down the wattage.

The good about that.....your batteries will last a long time, much more so than an eGo.:)

Cat
Yea well i vape like i used to smoke
So i dont vape all day long
Now i moved to like 3.5 ml a day with lower nic liquid
And yea i never wanted to vape above like 25 w max i really like the mtl style

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
In that case then, if you can find one new on closeout, the Kangertech Mini Sub-Ohm tank (although makes a better 1.2 or 1.5ohm one) is a good choice.

Unlike most of these type of tanks, Kangertech installed the less powerful 1.5ohm coil, leaving the 0.5ohm as a spare, along with the horrendous RBA. The RBA may had been better if larger, there's little room to build on & less room for airflow, I tried many times following YouTube instructions & my own experience, gave up on it. Airflow is important for any coil, packaged or DIY, and that RBA seems to be more of an afterthought in the package.:(

However, the 1.5ohm coils OCC coils were great, vaping in the 18-20W range, more than that, the cotton will become scorched & will be useless, even after turning back down. Once scorched (applies to any coil), it's no good, or if DIY, time to rewick with fresh cotton.

Am not trying to sell the tank, it's simply a great option if can be found, was once a highly popular tank that cost as much as many of the big names of today (such as TFV8/TFV12 variants, Vaporesso NRG & Cascade). Has withstood the test of time, as there's still lots of coils available & it's not a true sub-ohm tank like those of today, was simply a tank that enjoyed great success for a year or so.:)

Good Luck with your choice, hope that you enjoy to the fullest!:thumbs:

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread