What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
testing 123 - same picture set doesn't show up on a different forum
10599682_1519667501597408_6175498478583250002_n.jpg

EDIT - works here for now. The more you know...........

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I like the ABB song, but live is just a little more enjoyable for me. Derek Trucks and Eric Clapton bring icing to the cake. Warren Hayes is a master, too. Three humble lead guitars. Good choice, thank-you for posting it @Brewdawg1181

I just love ALL versions of this song! I remember college parties, when it was late and the buzz was strong, and this was the one I always put on. Others wanted to play more current party music - Cars, Cheap Trick, Dire Straits, Duran Duran, etc. This song always transported me.

For me, Duane's playing just had a magical quality.
I've always thought an important part of what makes an artist great is creating a uniqe, unmistakable sound. EC (is God!:)) is undoubtedly top 5 ever. But Duane took a slide sound he heard from Taj Mahal, used an empty medicine bottle, and created a whole new style of playing.

edit: Oh, forgot to mention the other connection. EC flipped out first time he heard Duane play as a session musician on some pop band's record. Got him to play with him on Derek & the Dominos album, and tried real hard to start a band with him, and he almost did. But Duane didn't do it because ABB had just gotten started.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread