What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Queen II
49878364718_8cc5bf56ca_o.jpg

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have that LP and it's still in great condition. :D

Tom Scott planted the Jazz seed in my early on in the B/W TV days with the Starsky n' Hutch theme music ("Gotcha" from Blow it Out. A Fantastic Album!).

I have heard a Lot of Jazz over the years. And a Lot of Different Styles. But I have never heard Anyone who can consistently play so Far Behind the beat on solos as Tom Scott does.

LOL

Reactions: Mowgli

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
About a half hour live from BBC4

01.- Out on the Weekend
02.- Old Man
03.- Journey Through the Past
04.- Heart of Gold
05.- Don't Let It Bring You Down
06.- A Man Needs a Maid
07.- Love in Mind
08.- Dance Dance Dance

Always loved Neil. A Man Needs a Maid just always kills me- such power, emotion, gravitas...basically singing about his house being dirty. You'd think it has some deep, philosophical meaning, rife with metaphors, but I heard him in an interview talking about it, and nope. He just put in some random thoughts & words, that sound good to him. That's pretty funny, right there!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
And now, this one. One of my all time favorites. When artists talk about not wanting singles, because they want the album to be appreciated as a whole, this is what they're talking about. Best Christmas ever- getting this album, and some Koss headphones together. Every time I play this, I have to hear it over and over, start to finish- for a couple of weeks. Freakin' incredible music, and sadly, nobody will likely ever approach this level of excellence again.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Capitol Theatre 5/11/79
/
"Smith was briefly considered for the lead singer position in Blue Öyster Cult. She contributed lyrics to several of the band's songs, including "Debbie Denise" (inspired by her poem "In Remembrance of Debbie Denise"), "Baby Ice Dog", "Career of Evil", "Fire of Unknown Origin", "The Revenge of Vera Gemini" (on which she performs duet vocals), and "Shooting Shark". She was romantically involved at the time with the band's keyboardist, Allen Lanier. During these years, Smith also wrote rock journalism pieces, some of which were published in Rolling Stone and Creem."
If you didn't know...

and here's Fiona

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread