What tank should I get for my Pico 75W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
I'm looking for a top-fill MTL tank with pre-built coils, and coils must be easy to get (from U.S preferably) and hopefully not too expensive! Doesn't need to be anything amazing, just something that will fit on my Pico and have me vaping painlessly and pleasantly.

I'm currently still using a Kanger Pro-tank 2 with airflow base, and paying about 6 bucks a pack for single head coils. I vape sweet, dark juices (50/50), and I'm constantly (every other day or so?) changing coils, and I'm finally sick of the flooding/leaking, constantly changing coils, and the bottom fill hassle.

What should I get?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I suggest looking at the Innokin Zenith D22 MTL Tank. Top fill, 3ml capacity. Two different drip tips to choose from. Choice of two coil options:
  • Includes (1) Zenith KAL Plexus Z Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 14 - 19W)
  • Includes (1) Zenith KAL 1.6ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 10 - 14 Watts)

Innokin Zenith D22 MTL Tank
Our Price: $22.99

Replacement Atomizer Heads - $2.50 each

innokin-zenith-tank-22mm.jpg

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
Doesn't look like the vaporesso tank takes coils that aren't sub-ohm. I don't know much about sub-ohm, except that when I've tried other peoples', it seems unpleasantly hot compared to what I'm used to. Is it always hot like that? I also don't want huge clouds since I need to vape discreetly in the work bathroom :D

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
I suggest looking at the Innokin Zenith D22 MTL Tank. Top fill, 3ml capacity. Two different drip tips to choose from. Choice of two coil options:
  • Includes (1) Zenith KAL Plexus Z Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 14 - 19W)
  • Includes (1) Zenith KAL 1.6ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 10 - 14 Watts)

Innokin Zenith D22 MTL Tank
Our Price: $22.99

Replacement Atomizer Heads - $2.50 each
Oooh, I had no idea the Zenith came in a 22 diameter. I was looking hard at the regular Zenith until I realized it was too big for the Pico. Thanks a mil Baditude!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Oooh, I had no idea the Zenith came in a 22 diameter. I was looking hard at the regular Zenith until I realized it was too big for the Pico. Thanks a mil Baditude!!
Looks like the Zenith D22 is sold out on MVS (or not available yet)? I can't select a color :(
I think its pretty new on the market, I couldn't find a YouTube video review for it. Check other vendors (do a google search) to see if its available elsewhere. MVS usually gets new stock supplies for items out of stock if you don't mind waiting 1 - 2 weeks.

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
I think its pretty new on the market, I couldn't find a YouTube video review for it. Check other vendors (do a google search) to see if its available elsewhere. MVS usually gets new stock supplies for items out of stock if you don't mind waiting 1 - 2 weeks.
I'm not seeing it listed individually anywhere else - just with the Coolfire mini. Looks like it's the waiting game for me! It seems to fit the bill perfectly, so I can bide my time. Thanks again!! :thumbs:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Zenith is fine for sure. I also like the Joye Exceed lineup. The 1.2 coils vape very similar to the Zenith's higher ohm ones. I prefer the Air version's easy topfill but I reckon you couldn't use the bubble tank that I prefer.

If you're not attached to the Pico and it's removable batts, check out the Joye Primo Fit. Similar to the Pico but with 2800mah batt and no restrictive top cap.

I'm sure there are one or 2 mtl more out there that would be fine.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Doesn't look like the vaporesso tank takes coils that aren't sub-ohm. I don't know much about sub-ohm, except that when I've tried other peoples', it seems unpleasantly hot compared to what I'm used to. Is it always hot like that? I also don't want huge clouds since I need to vape discreetly in the work bathroom :D
    Sorry, I should have read your posting more carefully, the estoc with the .5 ohm ceramic are direct lung. They are rated 25 to 35 watts, I would say slightly warm but not hot, like you I prefer a cooler vape. The vapor production is not discrete, on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say a 5/6.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    I too can heartily recommend the Zenith but mine is the 24mm version.. MVS must be getting D22 soon.
    If you really can't wait, the Kanger top tank mini has top fill, 4ml, mine never leaks and 1.5 coils last quite a while.
    I agree with Anna though, if it were me I would await the Zenith. It really is a superior MTL tank.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Likely they had the voltage up high. You can vape on sub ohm coils at lower wattages and get a cooler vape.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I use an Innokin Zenith tank (4ml) with 1.6 or plexusZ coils @7-9w for discreet workplace vaping. ;)
    Also an IJoy Elf with Aspire BVC 1.6 or 1.8 coils.
    The Zenith is a less thirsty tank than the Ijoy Elf and is also a cooler and smoother vape. The innokin 1.6 coils seem to last me 3-6X longer than the aspire 1.6 or 1.8.
    Sometimes though, I just prefer the Ijoy elf and aspire coils, like right now for example. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread