What the hell? Johnsons Creek Juice Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So I just woke up about 10 minutes ago and felt like vaping on some JC juice. (havn't used it in like a week) I thought hmmm Peach Cobler sounds good, went to pull some out in the vile and it's green!!!!! 8-o

Looks like green Cool Aid. Anyone else had this issue? I don't think I'm going to smoke it...

EDIT: I guess I'm not the only one who has had this issue. Just did a search on the forums. Apparently it has something to do with the clear bottles? I'm using the brown bottles and it still turned green, although I did have it sitting on my desk and I do get some pretty good sunlight in my office. However my Cola from Puresmoker has been sitting in the same location and is still the same color. Weird...

EDIT 2: Here is a picture of what the juice looks like. I also got an email from Christian and he said it was just oxidation and that there was no reason to worry. :)

file.php

Last edited:
I've read like a dozen accounts of this occurring a few months back, but I thought Christian had fixed the issue. Is this an old bottle? Was it part of the sampler pack or a full-sized bottle? When did you order it?

There were a number of theories as to what was casuing this, but I think it had something to do with the droppers being left on the bottle. Green could be oxidation or some form of photosynthesizing organism(maybe algae). Either way, I don't blame you for not inhaling it.

I've been vaping JC juices almost exclusively for over two months and never had any turn green yet. I store mine in a dark cupboard where the temp stays fairly consistant.

I've still got a nearly full bottle of the peach cobbler that I opened and sampled the 1st week of january... I'm looking at it now, and It still appears to be normal. JC ships the 15/30ml bottles with a normal cap, a child protective cap, and the dropper cap. I suggest to use the normal or child protective caps and leave the dropper out of it.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Is this an old bottle? No it's not the clear bottle that I have heard others talking about. It's the brown bottle. Looks like the type of glass that Beer companies would use

Was it part of the sampler pack or a full-sized bottle? It was a sample pack.

When did you order it? Around January 20th, 2009 so it's a new batch I would think

The Vanilla doesn't seem to have changed, however the Peach Cobbler is green and so is the Strawberry (almost a full bottle) Which really SUCKS because those where the flavors that I enjoyed the most. Figures..

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
My peach from the sampler also turned green. I emailed about it and received a reply explaining and saying it was still good. I vaped it and I'm still here to type this :) I actually ended up likng the Peach Cobbler but have not purchased a big bottle. My regular vape's are JC Original Tobacco, Tenn Cured and Vanilla.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Another no issue guy here.......

I bought two separate sampler kits at two different mg strengths back in December (meaning mine were exposed to extreme Canadian cold weather on route to me as well as sitting in the roadside mailbox for half a day in sub zero temps).

But I keep mine in a black cookie tin in the cold storage, and only take them out to reload a number of carts at once.

I also make sure not to draw the juice up into the rubber of the dropper. As well, I never phsically "touch" the cart stuffing (or anything else for that matter), and I never cross the original bottle with it.

Guess I'm either more sanitary or just very lucky <Idonno>.

VapeOn,
Greg

LifeLongJoyRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2009
Austin TX
Man, I hated reading this. I'm brand new to ecigs. I just got my first one in the mail 2 days ago. Tried the carts that came with it, washed out my mouth (I hate normal cig taste...have always smoked menthol), and then put it away waiting for My JC Juice to arrive. Just got home to see the package waiting for me and I am falling in love with vaping as I type this. I had read that JC had some problems but fixed them. I really hope that I didn't bet on the wrong horse to switch off of analogs. :cry:

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
Man, I hated reading this. I'm brand new to ecigs. I just got my first one in the mail 2 days ago. Tried the carts that came with it, washed out my mouth (I hate normal cig taste...have always smoked menthol), and then put it away waiting for My JC Juice to arrive. Just got home to see the package waiting for me and I am falling in love with vaping as I type this. I had read that JC had some problems but fixed them. I really hope that I didn't bet on the wrong horse to switch off of analogs. :cry:

i don't think you bet on the wrong horse....just think of it as a hickup....:rolleyes:

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
To be honest I can't remember what the color was of the strawberry when I first got it. I don't remember it being green though. Perhaps someone else on the forum has the same flavor and could help out? (My strawberry has a slight green to it, some other flavors are VERY green)

I also gave a friend of mine a bottle and his turned green as well.

I just checked my email and received a response for Christian. He said the discoloration is due to oxidization. No need to worry and that it's still fine to smoke.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I have several bottle of JC and none of them have turned green yet. I have some sweet strawberry and original tabacco samples that I bougth in September or October of last year and I just looked at them and they are normal looking. I wish I knew why people are having these problems, because I have to keep checking all my stuff.

My strawberry looks like a golden clear liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread