What They Didn't Tell You About Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
This is meant to be more amusing than anything but after smoking heavily for almost twenty years, I, like many others am getting back my sense of taste and smell. This is my running list of things they didn't tell me about...

1.) How bad some of my co-workers smell. And no, I don't mean cigarette smells either, I mean body odor. It has me wondering if they make any Nutra-air e-liquids or Glade Plugins for my eGo.

2.) My "go-to" coffee creamer went from tasting like sweet Italian creme to "Ohmygodwhoputthisinmycoffee!"

3.) At a friend's party recently and discovering why everyone thought I was crazy for drinking cheap old Keystone.

4.) Reassembling a toy for one of my kids and I think my nose hairs have been singed off by the denatured alcohol and the crazy glue.

...Anyone else?

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Decaying, rotting maple & oak leaves on top of a pool cover in mid June. Think rotting primordial soup. Last year when I smoked, it was just bad, this year, it was nose hair burning.
(This is a east coast smell, we cover our pools in the winter and let the crap accumulate on the cover and 'ferment' for 6 months for a trully unique stink).

GB

cjf1961

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2010
Oswego, New York
Things that bothered me before are now just simply taking my breath away, literally. It's amazing how much more take in when there's nothing to interfere with it, sometimes it's just down right disgusting, especially when you can smell every detail. YUK, almost not worth it, but then I think, I've been off analogs now for almost 6 months, what's a few bad smells amongst friends, right?

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Both my wife and I have been long time smoker (30+ yrs). I started Vaping 4 days ago and she is still smoking analogs (she wants me to be the Test Rat). in just that short time my sense of smell has already started to inch it's way back. I went from 2 packs a day to 2 analogs a day and man do they stink....

JoeChemo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, USA
LOL ROFL - makes you wonder what our pets think of us....(300 times better sense of smell)...
So why does my dog roll in dead things and eat geese and deer poop! :laugh: Maybe my smoking screwed up her sense of smell? NOT!

As for my improved sense of smell, have mens' urinals always smelled that bad? I'd rather go outside and pee behind a tree. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread