• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

WHAT TO DECLARE ON HARDWARE PACKAGE IMPORTING FROM THE US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
If you're buying from a vendor, who normally does business selling vaping hardware they will already know what to put on the package or at the very least will put the truth (no matter what you ask them to put on there). It's a federal offense to make an deceitful declaration on the customs forms.

If you're buying from an individual person the best recommended declaration would be what all the Chinese companies use: "Electronic gadget". :D

shanedog

Mar 27, 2012
Canada
Hi ceeceeisme,thanks for your reply.The company I'm dealing with is US based but doesn't usually ship to Canada.Their rep is going to find a shipping rate for me here in Canada.I'm not necessarily trying to be sneaky,I'd just like to know if some declaration titles are better or smarter to use than others.If "electronic gadget" is the best & most commonly used I'll suggest it. Thanks again for your help. Shane

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Well, I don't know about the US but from China that's usually what comes marked on the customs declaration. That stuff seems to sail right through so I would imagine it would from the US as well. CBSA has an awful lot of packages to look at everyday - most of it makes it through without a second glance. Everything does get x-rayed and I'm sure they've seen plenty of vape gear by now. :D

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Just kidding! I hope I'm not disclosing too much here,but I'm actually ordering tank cartos(yeah I know...try & control your laughter)So when they get x-rayed,the CBSA is gonna think that they're bullets,so I'm buggered anyway! Oh well. Thanks again

Aw no, I'm sure they've seen plenty of carto's going by the x-ray machines over the years. I wouldn't worry about that! I would be more worried if I was trying to import $400 worth of goods and having the declared value being very low, like $20 or something. That would probably get their attention. And, that does happen too, with stuff that's on sale. I know some people have had to submit invoices to CBSA to prove the value of the goods.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread