What to do.. Ecig/wife advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy1troy

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Hello Forum,
I need some advice concerning an irritating problem I have been having with vaping, ecigs, mods or what have you.
So here is the break down. I use a LT at work with a cartomizer (usually 3ohm 7.5w), and at home I like to use a ProVari with either a carto tank, hh357, or did genesis.. kinda whatever i'm in the mood for.
My wife has joined me in the fun and has been doing well and smoke free now for 2 weeks. She was using the v2 stuff kr808d-1 because they are kinda the same shape as real smokes. I hated having to carry extra batteries and carto's everywhere for her and just recently got her to graduate to the ego's (took some doing).. Well I have to say that while they may be better I still hate dealing with those. Can't get good watts etc.. its just a hassle for me.
So I want to buy her a provari mini without the extensions to make her vape experience better and take hassle out of my day.
She was too embarrassed by devices to start at all but then went with the 808d, then she became okay with the ego but doesn't want anything bigger. She of course likes the flavor, th, and vapor i'm getting which makes since as I can dial it in and use higher watts etc.
I want to just buy her the mini and hope she starts using it instead... what do you guys/gals think? I don't really want another device of that type myself but would love for her to be using it as her device. Do you think someone who is concerned with size of device and the pipe bomb effect would graduate to preferring a provari mini over say an ego 1000 or 650, or am i doomed to screw around with ego type batteries for the rest of my days???

ps I don't mean to hate on ego's.. they are great for those who like them.. I just like my watts where its not good for those batteries to go..

Last edited:

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Try her on the Twist with Stardusts. I have Twists and a Provari Mini and I reach for my Twist more often than my Provari. They are easy to charge and she should be able to charge them and maintain them on her own so you don't have to. I have a cute leather pen/pencil case and I just throw a couple of stardusts and a couple of Twists into it and go. If it was hard to get her to move up to an Ego, she probably isn't ready for the shape and size of a Provari Mini. Just my two cents. :)

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
If she can handle something just a little bit longer then her current Ego then she too can enjoy the world of vv with an Ego Twist :)

We all have different preferences in our hardware and our juices. Just because you like a LT or Provari dont mean she needs to. The only thing that is important is that she's not smoking anymore.

Troy1troy

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, Oregon
That is the trick for sure lol. I'm very happy and and supportive of anything she wants to use or anything she wants to do for that matter, as long as I do not have to do all the work ;-).. She does tons of stuff for me so i'm not really complaining. I love that she is enjoying vaping and we support each other as a team ... ... however ! I personally hate charging batteries all the time, having three 808's in my pocket and a bunch of li'l carto's lol.. I guess i'm spoiled as I like it all very easy, clean and tidy.. anyway I had just thought to myself ... "self, I bet she would really like the new Pink ProVari mini if she started using it".. but It really isnt that big of a deal. Thanks for all the comments, idea's and advice.
Get her a bunch of 808's if she likes em.... Doesn't matter what you like. :D

Some people use the super-mini sized e-cigs for years without "upgrading" and it's fine for them... despite what you often read here.

The trick is to get HER to mess with it, not you. She'll upgrade when ready, or not at all.

:2c:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Just don't take the purse suggestions. Men carrying purses...silly.

Oh...get HER a new purse. I get it now.

My suggestion, if you get her an APV, get something that shares your batteries. Even if it means you replace yours. You are complaining about 808 batteries, what happens when you have 18490s for her and 18650s for you?

The nice thing would be a single xtrar charger to handle them if they are the same or different. See? I just got you a new toy.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I say BS to watts (somewhat).
I have eGo-Cs and a Twist. I don't like the wattages claimed for "everyone" by many around here. My Twist rarely goes above unregulated voltage. My Upgrades rarely go into unregulated voltage.

I've been trying a Vea lately. By my math (granted it's based on non-load measurements) it should be about 4 watts and it produces as much vapor as my eGo and gives me more nicotine.

I'm left wondering why YOU hate dealing with those, why YOU want more wattage and why it's a hassle for YOU when it's your wife's equipment.

Get her an eGo-C Twist if SHE wants variable voltage.

But it really sounds to me like it's a issue with you wanting her to have a Provari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread