The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

What to do when my battery will not fit or screw into any charger?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by adriane7, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. adriane7

adriane7 Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I cannot get this thing to screw in to charge properly. Is it the battery, should I replace it?

2. Ace90

Ace90 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    Largo, Florida
    What kind of battery are you using and what kind of charger are you trying to charge it with ?

3. RageKage

RageKage Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2014
    Haddonfield, NJ
    Could be the battery, could be the charger, or it could be the threading on either. What style battery do you have and what type of tank or topper do you use on it? Are you having problems with the tanks not threading properly onto the battery? I think a pic might help in this situation.

EDIT: Ace beat me to it... :p

4. adriane7

adriane7 Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    trying to upload a picture hang tight

5. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's probably because you are trying to screw it onto the wrong charger, which is a dangerous thing to do with a lithium battery.

6. adriane7

adriane7 Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    photo.jpg

here is my battery

7. RageKage

RageKage Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2014
    Haddonfield, NJ
    Ego type battery and an Ego style charger, so it looks to me like it should work. How are your inner threads on the battery? I wonder if the 510 threads are stripped and not threading into the charger.

8. Ace90

Ace90 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    Largo, Florida
    It looks like the right set up to me (510 threading).....have to tried taking back to the vape store you bought it at ?

9. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

So is it the first time you are trying to charge the battery

10. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    It is the battery. Have not found a fix for my 2 eGo-T's that did that. get a good brand eGo battery and that doesn't happen.

11. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    it "looks" fatter than a normal Ego battery... maybe the lens on the camera doing it....

12. regal55

regal55 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    york,PA
    throw it wayar before the bad threads ruin your tanks and charger threads, I had a similar incident.

13. Va8pn4less

Va8pn4less Unregistered Supplier

Jun 19, 2014
    Hamburg NY
    I noticed a common theme , buy a charger that is spring loaded so you dont find yourself cranking down on it when the light doesn't flash red due to ejuice between the contact surfaces. Clean it, clean both! The spring loaded kinds have a nice center button with a good spring to add the force between the contact surfaces. You prolly stripped your threads, it doesnt have to be tight like a pipe.

Or buy a multi charger spring loaded:

Ebay item number 201110786197

14. adriane7

adriane7 Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I took it to the smoke shop and he said it was the threads. I traded it for a new Itazte and love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.