Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I love this flavor as a mild blend of different tobaccos. But I haven't been able to find matching flavors to mix it with. Any ideas what I might try? I have tried different chocolates without much luck. Had some limited success with blueberry. I am not looking for an exact recipe, just some suggestions with this wonderful tobacco. Thanks guys in advance.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I don't have any suggestion of what flavors go with the 7leaves other than I think its a great flavor by itself. I have to mix it at 10% and a good week of steeping. I'm also liking the Hangsen tobaccos as stand alone vapes.

Man, you must like your flavors strong. I use only 2% and quite happy with it. Hangsen does have some very good tobaccos like you mentioned. My newly discovered favorite is plain tobacco. Very good by itself - no gimmicks or odd flavors, just a very pleasant tobacco somewhat similar to 7Leaves.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I use 7 leaves as a base and add random other FA tobaccos. 7 leaves and about 2% tobacco absolute and just a smidgen of menthol to smooth it out is a great vape for me. Couple of weeks steeping makes it nicer.

Just curious what type of tobacco absolute you are using. I have a traditional tobacco variety from ECX, and also some of the Rustica variety - widely different. Probably the traditional would go better.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Any luck with a nice bright apple ?

Sounds promising. I have some apple I could experiment with. Will post the result once I get to it.

I personally haven't had any luck adding apple but I'm pretty sure I overshot the percents on the couple of times I tried it. I'd recommend starting low with the apple but as a seasoned mixer you're probably planning that already lol. :vapor: I don't care much for the apple flavors I have (TFA, Hangsen) as stand a lone so that might have something to do with it as well.

By far my favorite fruit to add is cherry. But here again I tend to go overboard and wind up with baccy flavored cherries instead of the other way around lol. That works out for me though because I like the cherry flavor so well.

A couple more that you don't see mentioned too often would be FA Oak Wood and FA Tiramisu. I don't care for either of these stand a lone but they work really well for a change of pace tobacco mix.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
By far my favorite fruit to add is cherry. But here again I tend to go overboard and wind up with baccy flavored cherries instead of the other way around lol. That works out for me though because I like the cherry flavor so well.

A couple more that you don't see mentioned too often would be FA Oak Wood and FA Tiramisu. I don't care for either of these stand a lone but they work really well for a change of pace tobacco mix.

If you haven't already seen it, this spread sheet is a useful guide for starting percentages recommended by various manufacturers. Although as a seasoned mixer yourself, you probably have seen it a dozen times. :vapor:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0

I have Oakwood and Tiramisu both. Don't know about Tiramasu, but Oakwood probably help with 7Leaves. I love 7Leaves, but it's tough to pair it with other flavors - mostly because it's not a conventional Marlborough type flavor. It reminds me more of Parliaments. Anyone else get that impression?

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
If you haven't already seen it, this spread sheet is a useful guide for starting percentages recommended by various manufacturers. Although as a seasoned mixer yourself, you probably have seen it a dozen times. :vapor:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0

I have Oakwood and Tiramisu both. Don't know about Tiramasu, but Oakwood probably help with 7Leaves. I love 7Leaves, but it's tough to pair it with other flavors - mostly because it's not a conventional Marlborough type flavor. It reminds me more of Parliaments. Anyone else get that impression?

Thanks for the link, now bookmarked. I have seen it before but forgot to bookmark it.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I get this pleasant hint of something in 7 leaves...anise maybe?..that I find goes well with vanilla and a more robust tobacco.

I've heard a few people mention anise as a possible ingredient. Sometime I taste a tiny bit of fruit in there, but only when I am using a kayfun. It's probably from the Perique, a tobacco ingredient known for its fruity taste.

Last edited:

nat king kong

Jan 14, 2015
Texas
I've heard a few people mention anise as a possible ingredient. Sometime I taste a tiny bit of fruit in there, but only when I am using a kayfun. It's probably from the Perique, a tobacco ingredient known for its fruity taste.

That's funny- I often use Perique with 7 Leaves as well. One of my go-to tobacco bases is FA 7 Leaves, Hang Ry1 and Perique.

edit: now I'm thinking you meant that 7 Leaves has some Perique in it. Either way, I like mixing a touch of Perique on top for a darker balance.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
2% 7 Leaves
2% Shade

That's a little combo I like to use. You can vape it right away, but it much better after a week :)

Thanks, I like both ingredients and the percentages you are mixing. Going to give it a try, but for me, it takes a minimum of three weeks before any of those flavors reach their peak. Do you detect any Burley in shade? It reminds me of the tiniest hint of cigar.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Thanks, I like both ingredients and the percentages you are mixing. Going to give it a try, but for me, it takes a minimum of three weeks before any of those flavors reach their peak. Do you detect any Burley in shade? It reminds me of the tiniest hint of cigar.

I haven't tried Burley myself, so I can't really comment on that. However, I was recently reading post about Burley, and someone had said that the taste was similar to Shade.

Think when I place my next order, Burley will be added to that list - I love Shade :D

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread