Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So, I think I'm going to order a 100% VG juice or two. (kalamazoo has a red bull that comes in 100%vg and I kinda want to see what all the fuss is about with boba's bounty)

I know it's thicker, so I should probably make sure the slots in my cartos (for tanks) are fairly big (they already are) and that it's supposd to produce more/thicker vapor. Anything else to expect or prepare for?

99% of the reason is that I have a cat, and I don't want to expose her to PG. Now, I'm just not vaping in my apartment. But it would be nice.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Propylene Glycol is slightly toxic to cats and in the long term will cause a specific kind of anemia. I haven't found anything actually stating how much it takes to cause an effect, whether inhaling it causes it, or if licking it off their fur would cause it……but, well……she's my cat.

I don't want to vape inside nearly as much as I want her to be happy and healthy, so I've just never vaped inside here, and I'm curious if there's anything weird about VG or if it's just a drop-in replacement. well…I guess a drip-in replacement.

And, yes, I know Nicotine is still bad for them…but the amount exhaled isn't a huge concern. I just can't find enough about PG and cats (and it seem to only be cats based on what I've read so far) to dissuade my fears.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
Capture.jpg
http://msdssearch.dow.com/Published...ycol/pdfs/noreg/117-01660.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc

I only have one comment.
I have had many cats and dogs and my cats have always ate my dogs food and it has pg in it and none of my cats died from a blood disease all from old age....

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
You must be a real cat person to get them their own provari. I don't care much for cartos but am getting back to them due to the fact that a tank looks so cool on my e-pipe. Anywho some VG works better in cartos than others but you may have to make more slots / holes (if used in tank systems) and if not using tanks you'll have to top off more often to keep the juice flowin'. I use 80 t0 100% VG and drip on atties mostly. Might have to use higher res cartos to keep from burnin' slow movin' VG juice. I'll know more by monday and will be better prepared to answer this kind of question. I do recall usin' 100% VG RY4 Gold from Ikenvapes in 2.0 ohm Boge cartos and never had a problem.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I'm fully aware that it's not a serious risk, but honestly I care more about my pets health than my own most of the time.

People who don't love animals won't get it, and that's fine. I know it's in dog food, hand soap, and a lot of other things that I can't completely isolate her from.

But I certainly don't want to feel responsible.

Anyway, I think you guys answered my questions about VG. Seems like I'll just try it and see what happens; worst case, I burn an atty. Big deal. if I use it inside at home, I'll be dripping anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread