What to make with these strange flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
So I had some fun and ordered some strange flavors, always looking for something different

but now, what to make, honestly I forget what I had planned when I got these....
Blue Cheese
Worcestershire
Pizza
Cucumber
Capsicum
Bacon
Jalapeno
Ginger
Sassafras
Butter

other flavors I have on hand, not crazy flavors :p
Cinnamon
Lemon
Chocolate
Banana
Bavarian Cream
Coffee
French Vanilla (yikes I need more)
Anise
Hazelnut
Licorice
Watermelon
Sweetener

• Love
Reactions: muth

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So I had some fun and ordered some strange flavors, always looking for something different

but now, what to make, honestly I forget what I had planned when I got these....
Blue Cheese
Worcestershire
Pizza
Cucumber
Capsicum
Bacon
Jalapeno
Ginger
Sassafras
Butter
Sometimes it is better to repress certain dangerous or inappropriate thoughts.

Honestly though cucumber, ginger and sassafras sound like they really might be good in something. The jalapeño and capsicum flavors could theoretically be dangerous to vape long term. Capsicum is a tissue irritant.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maan… I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole.

Single. Flavored. Testers. Would be my advice. Some flavors (like pizza) sound like they would be "Best" (notice I did not say good) as one shots anyway. Unless you have some pepperoni laying around.

I could see blue cheese in small amounts working in some stuff potentially but I don't have it so no clue.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Jazzman

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Make whatever you make in minute quantities.

LOL.

Actually you know what goes great together (IRL)? Watermelon and onions (in a salad.) I would never attempt it with ecig flavors though, because frankly, based on the taste of Jolly rancher watermelon flavors (I mean, surely they'd improve it if they could???) that all watermelon flavors taste like burnt plastic. Etc.

Anna

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
well it's definitely different, not bad, not what i expected...probably need to tweek the %s, I don't taste that much a hint of fruit and a bite of heat that does tingle the tongue (warning this could cause irritation to vape.... so far it hasn't for me but just thought I should mention it)
if you are adventurous have fun ;)

Shadav's Watermelon "Chutney"

Watermelon 5%
Sweetener 5%
Lemon 2%
Cucumber 2%
Butter 2%
Ginger 2%
Blue Cheese 2%
Jalapeno 2%

now to try and think of something else to use these for :p

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I think @stols001 gave you very good advise. Whenever I get new flavors in, even if I think I know what the flavor profile should be, I will vape the single flavor with some VG (no nic) just to get a feel for what it is really like for vaping. Until I do this I can't imagine what a multi-flavor mix would be like... or at best it would be a total crapshoot with the outcome (and my crapshoot juices generally taste like dog rockets). You don't need to be real accurate, just put 2 or 3mls of VG in a small bottle and put in a drop or 2 of flavor and drip the result. If encouraging results but weak put in another drop or 2 of flavor to see if better or worse. Continue until you have a good idea of the flavor and the strength of the flavor. It will help with conceiving a multi-flavor mix to try.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Re-create Elvis's peanut butter-bacon-banana sandwich, subbing in hazelnut for the peanut butter. Don't know what you'd do for the toast or grilled bread.
i actually just ordered baked bread and peanut butter (lol and 48 other flavors)....I may have to try this

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
i actually just ordered baked bread and peanut butter (lol and 48 other flavors)....I may have to try this
Oh, please report on it if you do! It will be hilarious if it works.

Here's another wacky idea: use capsicum, cucumber, pizza, jalapeño, blue cheese, and acetyl pyrazine at corn chip levels to make nacho juice.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

Blue Cheese
Worcestershire
Pizza
Cucumber
Capsicum
Bacon
Jalapeno
Ginger
Sassafras
Butter

other flavors I have on hand, not crazy flavors :p
Cinnamon
Lemon
Chocolate
Banana
Bavarian Cream
Coffee
French Vanilla (yikes I need more)
Anise
Hazelnut
Licorice
Watermelon
Sweetener
I love it! There's a mixer on ELR who makes all these unusual (to me) recipes like fried chicken, sour cream and onion with dill. Don't forget the potato chips! Things like that. The most exotic flavor I ever used was Cardamon (FA). Works well in bakery vapes, especially coconut flavors. But.....DO NOT over do it! I used 0.25% and it should have been more like 2 drops (per 100mls).

Reactions: Shadav

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I love it! There's a mixer on ELR who makes all these unusual (to me) recipes like fried chicken, sour cream and onion with dill. Don't forget the potato chips! Things like that. The most exotic flavor I ever used was Cardamon (FA). Works well in bakery vapes, especially coconut flavors. But.....DO NOT over do it! I used 0.25% and it should have been more like 2 drops (per 100mls).
I’ve never had a “food” flavor, especially a meat one, that wasn’t absolutely horrific. This mixer may make the flavors but it doesn’t mean they’re good.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've had bacon ice cream, it was ok, not bad
and I've had hotdog and that was just strange....but then again hotdogs are strange....
Hot dog is actually a spice mix iirc. Like pumpkin spice has nothing actually to do with pumpkins. Now that you do mention it I do have a bacon maple syrup weirdness called “bubba’s pig sap” that can be really nice after the burnt rubber taste kind of fades away. Exception to every rule I guess..sort of anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread