Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just an FYI, I did a little digging and here are some tips/notes on converting ml to grams for those that want to try it.

PG = 1.034g/ml
VG = 1.259g/ml
For flavors, just use the base value for PG or VG whichever the flavor is made of...OR measure each one for accuracy.

Pure Nic = 1.01g/ml
To calc nic base weight:
1ml of 100mg/ml nic = 10% nic (1.01) + 90% base either PG or VG
Ex using PG: (.1 * 1.01) + (.9 * 1.034) = 1.0316g/ml
Ex using VG: (.1 * 1.01) + (.9 * 1.259) = 1.24655g/ml

(NOTE for PG: Checking multiple MSDS Sheets and Sites I found values ranging from 1.030 to 1.038 so I just took the median)
Hi Scott,
Most of these values are already in the free calculators that are online or here at ecf. They are not hardcoded in so you can change any value you choose. I believe the consensus is just to keep the 1 to 1 ratio for flavors or else you can drive yourself nuts over it.

But thank you for re-confirming the math. It always is a good thing to check from time to time....

btw---how did the saline go for thinning the vg?

:)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Hi Scott,
Most of these values are already in the free calculators that are online or here at ecf. They are not hardcoded in so you can change any value you choose. I believe the consensus is just to keep the 1 to 1 ratio for flavors or else you can drive yourself nuts over it.

But thank you for re-confirming the math. It always is a good thing to check from time to time....

btw---how did the saline go for thinning the vg?

:)

I actually haven't done it yet. I have been focused on some other projects that have been consuming my time. I haven't mixed any eliquid at all in probably at least a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread