• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What u started with, what u vape currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Jus changed to the 1.2 ss coil on crown, the ni200 cotton like totally black, will try to take a shot at it. Hahaha.

So for the ss coil, what watt is recommended?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

When it was on my evic vtc mini i've tried it on 40W and it still feels underpowered, now that i'm home swapped it onto xcube2 and tc mode works great. Versatile wire, heats up relatively quick

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
When it was on my evic vtc mini i've tried it on 40W and it still feels underpowered, now that i'm home swapped it onto xcube2 and tc mode works great. Versatile wire, heats up relatively quick
Tc on ipv3 Li doesn't work. But I haven't update it yet though.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Have you update the firmware to 1.092? Any problem with it TC after update?

i used the old upgrade software by using the new software to get the hex file, no issues so far. Had to pay 99cents on google play to unlock the SS upgrade :nah:

@taps41 SS wire on TC doesn't work for ipv3 li, SS tcr is 0.001 6 times lower than nickel 0.006 and 3 times lower than titanium of roughly 0.0035 (numbers are just from my head could be missing some zeros) only way is to offset but the 6 times difference is too much to offset properly.

watervapour

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
Little Red Star
i used the old upgrade software by using the new software to get the hex file, no issues so far. Had to pay 99cents on google play to unlock the SS upgrade :nah:

@taps41 SS wire on TC doesn't work for ipv3 li, SS tcr is 0.001 6 times lower than nickel 0.006 and 3 times lower than titanium of roughly 0.0035 (numbers are just from my head could be missing some zeros) only way is to offset but the 6 times difference is too much to offset properly.

Thanks for the info. Just upgrade my firmware today and yet to try SS built. Waiting for my shi fu to coach me..

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore

[emoji33] So chim! So then is it OK for me to jus fire off use normal wattage mode? I mean I'm vaping using 45W currently and seems not bad, jus that I prefer the ni200 coil head.[emoji12]

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
[emoji33] So chim! So then is it OK for me to jus fire off use normal wattage mode? I mean I'm vaping using 45W currently and seems not bad, jus that I prefer the ni200 coil head.[emoji12]

Perfectly fine to vape on power mode, I'm on the dual 0.25ohm SS coils. It needs near 60W to actually give the flavor that I want. The only problem with SS wires is only on mods that auto detects, cause its resistance fluctuates albeit lesser it'll go boom and .... from what I heard.(had a small pop on my triton rta ss coils)
It really shines as a TC coil, flavor wise it tastes clean and ramp up time seems really really instant as compared to other wires of similar setup.

On the other hand I'm not too sure if I cleaned my TI coil proper (used IPA wipedown and mini ultrasonic bath), it produces a more mellow vape as compared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread