• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What was I saying again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did misplace 2 pv's last night that I was vaping while watching SNL. Both of their batts went dead at almost the same time and so I thought I remembered putting them in my pocket. A little while later, I turned off tv and went back to computer to check on all those tabs I have open (that's another thread - oops - s t a y on t o p i c). No pv's in pocket. Later I found them laying the kitchen table where I then remembered laying them while I fed the cats and re-filled my coffee. 8-o

I'm thinking that there is not someone or thing that takes our stuff and moves it so we can't find it and then puts it back at the right moment so we believe it has been there all along and we just didn't see it.

I'm thinking there might be something in our heads that arranges our eyesight so we don't see what we are looking for even though it may be right in front of us.

This "something" certainly must have a great sense of humor and nothing else to do but watch all of us (and we are many) doing these things day after day.

After a lot more years than I care to own up to right at this moment, I have looked for my keys, coffee cup, shades, and even things I don't remember but know I was looking for a minute ago.

My keys are now on 2 caribiners. One has only my car key and is clipped to my bag immediately upon exiting the car.
The other one is bigger and has all other keys on it for work, home, po box and those little plastic mini cards we carry in Indiana to give us discounts at different grocery stores and gas stations. It is also clipped on my bag.

This solution has worked 95% of the time because even if I should lay them down, they are very visible...most of the time, hence the only 95% rating.

I would like to hear from others about techniques that have somehow helped you in the jungle of misplaced focus. (yet another thing that is missing? lol)

Daifne

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Wisconsin
For my keys, they always, ALWAYS, get put in a bowl that I have right next to where I ALWAYS put my purse and my gps and my sunglasses. I have trained myself really well to do that. Took a long time. ;-)

The things I'm missing right now are the buff puffs, small straws and blue foam that I got to mod my carts. I know there in my office somewhere... Problem is that I had a friend over to help me organize this room. I know that we put them in a really good place... Damned if I can figure out where that good place is now.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Daifne,
Giant LoL. I love it when I get all organized looking and everything has a place. However, all those places that made such good, logical sense at the time are now lost to me.
I'm almost ready to believe that chaos naturally and gradually acquired is much better.
At least I know that I don't know where something is instead of knowing where I last saw it and then remembering I had put it in a better, more logical place which now eludes me because I am not in the same frame of mind I was when all those "perfect places" ideas came up.
I like the bowl idea. How do you make other things stay out of it...like change, paper clips, found buttons, coupons etc?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread