What was your fist mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Noname

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Monterey, California
First off, first post in the forum :D

Okay, so I originally intended to use e-cigs (the cheap gas station/ kiosk cig-a-likes) as a way to stealth during work. But I decided to do research first... mind=blown. Now I fully intend to use vaping to quit analogs all together.

On to the question: What was your first mod?

Currently using a Vision spinner to get my feet wet with the whole variable voltage thing, but I'm already eager for bigger, fancier, shiny things. So what was it that you wanted when you wanted more? What were you looking for? vv/vw or mechanical? Something more involved or simple? Something for home or out and about? Where you happy with your upgrade?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
First off, first post in the forum :D

Okay, so I originally intended to use e-cigs (the cheap gas station/ kiosk cig-a-likes) as a way to stealth during work. But I decided to do research first... mind=blown. Now I fully intend to use vaping to quit analogs all together.

On to the question: What was your first mod?

Currently using a Vision spinner to get my feet wet with the whole variable voltage thing, but I'm already eager for bigger, fancier, shiny things. So what was it that you wanted when you wanted more? What were you looking for? vv/vw or mechanical? Something more involved or simple? Something for home or out and about? Where you happy with your upgrade?

My first Mod was a Variable Voltage GS-Sub 2.0

* I have since 'graduated' to a Super T Precise Plus 10440 and the Legacy 'Mini'.... (*In retrospect I could have/should have skipped the Sub 2.0 entirely as the Precise Plus and Legacy Mini are IMHO 'Armageddon proof') :D

Congratulations on making your first post (Jimmy No Name) in the Forum & welcome to our Happy Family of die hard Vapers.... :thumbs:

Aceman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Houston
Well I couldn't decide between any of those questions. First I got the mechanical, simple, and out and about. Then I got the vv, more involved, at home. I'm very happy with both because I now have all the bases covered. If your already dabbling in vv check out the provari. It's solid stainless steel. It can go between 2.9-6 volts. It blinks when the batteries need to be changed. It has ar15 cerakote finish on it. It's the coolest ecig made. The provari and the reo grand have scratched all my mod itches. I couldn't be happier with these 2 mods.

haven't been at it long, but dove headfirst into it with an evic and a natural....wanted the natural for the mechanical aspect with rba's, also have a kick for when I don't need to worry about it and want consistent vaping. Have heard a lot of good things about the Vamo for price point mods, but I loved the idea of having the battery meter on my screen all the time, so went with the evic. On the other end, you can't go wrong with a provari, or so I hear....personally if I'm gonna spend that kinda cash, I want an iHybrid or Zenesis system or something special.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Went from Smokeless Image Volts and Volt X2 to Altsmoke BB and Silver Bullet (both mechanical).

Now using primarily a full size Provari and a Mini Provari on the way.

Family2.jpg

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
I bought 1 Blu disposable, then another before finding this site doing some research and purchasing a Zenesis Ash II.

I couldn't be happier with that mod. The ONLY thing I'm upset about is very recently I bought a Vamo and a carto tank and some Boge carto's and it's like going from driving a Mercedes to driving a Pinto. Carto's just do not have the flavor anywhere close to the flavor I get from the juice in my Zen.

Looking to get a ProVari ASAP and a Z-Atty Pro to go on top of it. Maybe getting an Amp Tank and a few HH.357 atomizers to go in it for a change of pace. It's very difficult to decide to spend your money on anything other than Genesis type atty's after having one. The flavor is just so good and pure. Unless you just run the tank all the way dry, the first hit is as good as the last.

Don't really know what I'll be getting "better" from the ProVari with the regulation on the voltage, because I'm not feeling any change in vapor or flavor production in the Zen as the battery spends it's energy unless I go a bit into my 3rd whole day on the same battery. I'm using IMR AW 18650 2000 mAh batteries and they last as I said a bit into my 3 rd full day of vaping before I notice a drop in flavor and vapor production. So I normally just use a battery for 2 days then change it out with my spare.

I do like the idea that I can take tanks, carto's, atties on and off the ProVari to try out different things and with different things I may need to adjust voltage. That is a plus as the tank on my Zenesis is permanently attached, in fact I think it's part of the battery sleeve....all one piece....

Anyway, people have said I was crazy for spending that much money for my first mod, but it has allowed me to COMPLETELY stay away from cigarettes for over 6 weeks now. AND, I think it's durable enough to last a lifetime.

Very happy with the Zenesis.

Last edited:

Matt Collins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
I started with a volcano pcc which my wife stole from me so I had to order a sidesho pcc from modern vapor. I decided I wanted something that lasted longer so I ordered a 902 kit from modern vapor. Used for about a month or so and still was not satisfied so I ordered an Inferno kit from volcano. In all that I found what I wanted was more power so I got a prodigy v3 and liked that for a while until i decided i needed a vv and started with an original buzz and loved it until notcigs had the infinity and that was great until(surprise, surprise) notcigs VVPV. In there were also misc. tubes and boxes just for good measure.... VV was great but I wanted more stable less ajustment so I went for a Legacy w/ a kick for VW adjustment and liked it alot. Then went on a buying spree and now have the legacy, a groove, a lavatube and a VAMO w/ another on the way.....
Ya wanna hear about my atomizer dilemmas now?

Favorite setup(right now) is a toss right now with my SS VAMO doublestacked 18350 w/ an AGA-T2 loaded with Halo's midnight apple and my
Legacy doublestacked 18350 w/ an Oddity loaded with some Halo Tourq 56
y5etedy3.jpg

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

espio

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
florida
I started with a pair of knockoff 650's, upgraded to an eGo Twist 1100 and realized the good taste to be had. Quickly bought an eVic to pair the great taste with all-day battery capacity. I'm glad I got the eVic, which I mostly use on VW mode, with the ohms/volts displayed. I was debating between eVic and Provari. Am glad I went with eVic as it in conjunction with a safe vaping chart helped me understand the power settings more.

I just ordered a Silver Bullet, AW IMR battery, and some 28g Kanthal for my AGA T2 to have a dedicated 'at home' device. A charger and extra battery would have sufficed my needs, but now I can play more. :laugh:

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
A friend of mine, who has been vaping for a LONG time says that the HH.357's in a Amp Tank is the purest, cleanest taste short of having a genesis type rebuildable atty.

Thank you for the confirmation of that.

I feel like I can buy it and if after a month or so of tinkering with it to find the sweet spot, if I just don't like it I can always sell it here on the classified's.

Dude the amp tank is awesome. But if your already into rebuilding I don't think you'll be as impressed as me. The ciscos are the best atomizers I've used. If you don't want to rebuild the amp tank is by far the cleanest flavor you'll find. The provari's first hit feels like its last everytime.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Wicks and coils are easy to do and build. There are literally hundreds of video's online and most agree on the basics. Just take it slow, follow the steps and don't be in a hurry. The flavor and vapor is SO GOOD!

The spot your in with mods is where I'm at with rba. I've narrowed it down to 3. Did. Zatty. Cobra. Can't decide between them. I'm probably over thinking it. Leaning toward the zatty just because it seems simple and comes with extra wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread