• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What was your worst cat-tastrophe's, or dog-tastrophe's or what ever-tastrophe's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
worst cat-tastrophe's:

My fiance's brother visited unannounce and brought with him a BIGGGGGGGGG mastiff. We did not know about the big creature so we yelled out come in. He enters and wellllll our houseful of cats got terrified and scrammed everywhereeeee.. Was concerned so I went around checking on everyone. Found one on top of the fridge looking a bit soaked and as I looked down I saw frying oil all over the stove, the floor and the fridge and yup my fluffiest cat was so scared he failed to see the frying pan full of oil that mom was getting ready to dump out.. It took over week to finally get all the oil out of him.. Needless to say we no longer tell people to come in without going to the door first and our tuxie no longer chooses to go untop of the fridge anymore lol

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
The worst for me is when we had two cats. One got on the counter (she was a bit clumsy), and knocked over a bag of flour. About the time I had the most of it in the dusting pan, I stepped back and there was the other one. I lost my footing trying not to step on it and flung the flour into the air which cause a REALLY big mess.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
A little devon rex with only light fur really likes cuddling up near warmth. Climbs into a nest of warm clothes in a mostly dry load in the clothes drier. Somebody (ahem) comes along an notices that the clothes aren't fully dry, doesn't notice the cat buried within, closes the door and presses the ON button. Several minutes pass, where's the cat, what's that clumping sound? OMG!!!

Incredibly, the cat survived with no major injuries. She needed an emergency infusion of liquid. The vet poked a needle under the skin of her back and literally squeezed a bottle of saline solution in. Liquid was sloshing around in there for a while. The very tip of her tail had been tweeked (a minor break) in all of the tumbling, and initially paralyzed. But that healed up and in a few weeks she was happily tail twitching again.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
My mom passed away almost a year ago, so around xmas I got a puppy choc lab/boxer. I have a small memorial urn of my moms ashes. I come home from work and there's my pup with the urn in his mouth. He ran around for a half an hour before I could get away from him. I kept thinking Please don't eat my mom.

Friday night we were having a small get together at our house and I had been cleaning my .... off all day long - about an hour before they were due to come the cat used the litter box and had some kind of problem.... she came running from the utility room like she had her tail on fire - it wasn't she'd been outside earlier and eaten something weird and drug her .... along with some
pretty NASTY poopies across our entire living room.

:shock:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Ugh, we turned on our central air system and after a while noticed that it wasn't coming on. So my husband went out to where the systems are outside and came in hootin' and hollerin! One of my boys, or both had eaten the wiring system clean in half! We were lucky they didn't get fried. So, needless to say, we have a nice little fence around the systems now.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
OMG! I lost it after reading this one!

Friday night we were having a small get together at our house and I had been cleaning my .... off all day long - about an hour before they were due to come the cat used the litter box and had some kind of problem.... she came running from the utility room like she had her tail on fire - it wasn't she'd been outside earlier and eaten something weird and drug her .... along with some
pretty NASTY poopies across our entire living room.

:shock:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Years ago we had a dalmation that was a little pyschotic. He'd taking to destroying the house if we went out - and I'm talking ripping up carpet - digging into the cushions of the sofa, etc.

We had put him in the basement - there were 2 rooms - and he was in the laundry room/shop. It had a split door (so you could open the top half and not the bottom if you wanted) - well all was well until UPS knocked on the door to deliver packages (it was during the holidays) - I had started working (from being a stay at home mom). UPS usually left a number of people's packages with me as I was always home previously. He must have knocked a number of times - the dog DUG his way through the bottom part of the door.

We had to use a sheet of stainless steel on the lower half of the door after that.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. Right after we got Buddie we dreaded leaving her alone in the house. There's a piece of trim from around the door that leads to the garage that she chewed off trying to get out. One time we came home and there were objects all over the floor--we're pretty sure she knocked them all over the place as she was trying to escape through a window. Thank God she wasn't successful, it's a nightmare thinking what the glass could have done to her.

Last edited:

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Spent 4th of July at Assateague Island, dogs were dog-sat by my in-laws. While down there, decided to take up surf-fishing. Purchased a rod, some rigs, everything I needed to get started. Did not catch a thing the entire weekend.

Went home, put the rod/reel/accessories in the basement, not thinking anything of it. About a week goes by, sitting down at my test bench at work, and I get a phone call. My wife frantically shouts something that I can barely understand, the only thing I can make out is "you need to get home now." SO, take a half day, rush home, and walk in to find our 1 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has decided that he wanted to make daddy feel better about not catching anything by hooking himself through his top lip.

Take him to the vet, they cut the hook in half (it was barbed), make an incision in his lip, and pull the hook out, and seal it with some surgical glue.

Everything is fine now, he is back to being a grumpy selfish toy-hog, lip healed just fine. BUT the fishing equipment is now in the garage.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Wow o4! Glad your pup is okay!

DH woke me during the night telling me to get scissors quickly - I had been in a deep sleep and thought he was talking and carrying on in his sleep - he continued ranting and raving and mentioned Springer (she was a Springer Spaniel/Old English Sheep Dog mix) - she used to like going into this one very deep closet we had - used to store luggage and old clothes way in the back - apparently his small round brush had fallen out of his garment bag - and while she was snoozing and laying on her back and wiggling the night away - the brush had been caught up in her bangs...all the way to the upper eye lid....yup. needed scissors...small ones......and steady hands......

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
About 15 years ago I had a lab/beagle/something mix named Sugar. She ate I think 3 couches, couple of wall junctions, innumerable stuffed kids toys, ect ect ect.... before I FINALLY discovered the joys and blessings of crate training!!! And when I say she ate the couches.... I don't mean chewed up the corners a little. I mean shredded the entire thing and chewed up the frame. lol It's funny now, of course..... But once I had the whole crate training thing patiently explained to me, whooohoooo did I feel dumb! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread